Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

So far this is just one case.

“No details about the case have been released. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention planned a Friday afternoon briefing about the case.

The CDC says it is investigating along with health officials in Indiana.”

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MED_MERS_VIRUS_AMERICAN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-05-02-14-29-04

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

He flew from riyadh, to london, to chicago, and now in indiana. Plenty of potential for passing off the virus to other people.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Needless to say as an Indiana resident, I sure would like to know where in Indiana this patient is.  I too wonder how many people he came in close enough contact to traveling from Riyadh to Chicago, to spread the infection.  It does sound like CDC has jumped on this quickly.  Something to watch closely.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Makes me glad we’re nowhere near Ill-iana.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well the passengers of the airplane need to be looked at ASAP!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

One of the big reasons I avoid flying now if at all possible…and avoid places where large groups and crowds congregate.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2014/05/first-case-mers-confirmed-us-201452193427817123.html

yeah  i like the not that contagious…..time to be a bit more  careful now

Profile photo of lci115lewis
    lci115lewis
    Survivalist
    member3

Personally I avoid flying because of how much of a hassle it has become (and I don’t have much money to spare for activities that require flying to them). And I avoid crowded places because I can’t stand being in crowds, if I have to deal with in for more than a few hours it will start to get on my nerves, and a few days of repeated large crowds can build up to a panic attack. But just just breaking it up so I don’t have to deal with crowds for more than a short time on more than 2 consecutive days and I am fine.

Rob

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Don’t have a link but I just saw that they’re investigating 2 cases of MERS in Hong Kong.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The MERS virus is close to becoming a world wide infection. If this virus mixes with another flu virus which has happen many times in history then we are in trouble.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

If it has made it there  the is H7N9 there with potential to  cross breed  for direct human to human  airborne transmission… definitely a bad thing.  Wonder who is asleep at the switch for stopping spread of this  growing issue.

Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

With the immediacy of travel these days, it’s almost impossible to put the cork in the bottle.  This case shows how wide the exposure can spread in a matter of 12 hours.  Think how many people from different countries this individual could have exposed on any leg of his trip.  I agree that if it is in Hong Kong and cross breeds with H7N9, we are in for a whole different situation.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Here’s a neat link; http://coronamap.com/

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

namelus, The cross breeding with any flu virus is a problem, everyone need to buy the masks and gloves now because if it happens everyone will be buying them and you will not find any! I have 60 in stock right now.

Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

I’m also going to get my hands on some of the disposable NBC suits.  If it’s not this one, I suspect there is a good chance another one is percolating somewhere.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.