Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

For what I hear, Miami is celebrating.

Hey Freedom, have a mojito for me.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I was up at 3:00 am with my kids celebrating, we still have one more to go Raul Castro but I believe he will be taken down. I am 59 years old and Fidel came to power when I was 2, since 1959. I total dictator!

I have seen thousands of Cubans on the street today here in Miami and many with Trump signs since we voted for Trump.

Whirlibird, Thank you, I will have many Mojitos and Cuba Libres. Time to think of the future of Cuba. We Cubans in Miami want Cuba to be part of the great U. S. of A. Our love for America is great.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I am sooooo Happy it is very hard to put in words! What a great day!

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Glad to hear it , but the guys brother is just as bad , until they are both gone , I dont see any real change in Cuba anytime soon .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik I agree but Raul is not as smart as Fidel. I believe Raul will be taken down now that Fidel is out of the way.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Freedom, I just watched a few minutes of the celebration in Miami – I’m so very happy for you all! And while I certainly didn’t want Donald Trump as my president (but just didn’t want the other choices even worse), I have to say I’m very pleased at his first response:

“While Cuba remains a totalitarian island, it is my hope that today marks a move away from the horrors endured for too long, and toward a future in which the wonderful Cuban people finally live in the freedom they so richly deserve,” said President Elect Trump.

And the Ladies in White, founded by wives of jailed dissidents, tweeted: “May God forgive him, I won’t.”

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I never quite understood that , we will allow the Commies to set up shop , just 90 miles from our country ……..and thats OK , but we will institute a draft , kill off thousands of our troops to keep the Commies out of Korea and Vietnam . Two countries that if truth be told ………..are worthless to us , as well as far away from us .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, The Kennedy’s made a deal with Russia at the time. He let the Cubans that were going to the bay of pigs land there and never gave then air support. Then Kennedy felt sorry for all the Bay of Pig Cubans that were killed or put in jail so he paid Castro $14 million to let all of them go to Miami. Then that is the reason why Kennedy passed the law which lets the Cubans stay in America. We (Cuban Americans) do not like the Kennedy’s or the Democratic party since they made the deal. That is a small part of the story of why.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

The Kennedy’s made a deal with Russia at the time. He let the Cubans that were going to the bay of pigs land there and never gave then air support.

Freedom, your overall facts are right, but the question is, why? The entire Bay of Pigs op was a CIA plot developed in the closing years of the Eisenhower presidency, with Nixon’s participation, in the expectation that he’d be elected. By some reports, JFK hadn’t been in on the planning, but was presented with a fait acompli, on the day the CIA launched the invasion, expecting to force Kennedy’s hand. But he’d made a deal with the Soviets, and wasn’t going to let a rogue agency screw it up.

How much he knew in advance will probably always be in dispute, but what I saw of his style persuades me that he wasn’t the type to kill people for trifles. Presidents good and bad, including the current occupant of the Public Housing at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, in the District of Criminals, are often blamed for things they can’t control, and only discover after the fact. There are too many pieces in motion on the 3D chessboard that is our government.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

L. T. , You have some of your fact right but Kennedy made the deal at the same time he let the Cubans trained by the CIA go to the Bay of Pigs and had promised air support which never came.

Read, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_of_Pigs_Invasion

This gives you more details but like you said not all the details. But many Cuban Americans feel that Kennedy sold us out. This is why we vote Republican and are more right wing then the rest of the Latins that live in the U. S.

My father was trained by the CIA and had a card that said he was part of the CIA. He was to go on the second wave which never happen.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

What concerns me is what the nation does, as official policy, regardless of the details of who knew what and when. After all these years, I don’t recall the details of exactly HOW the Bay of Pigs disaster was allowed (or made) to happen, but I simply cannot help see parallels between that and what we did in Iraq – promising certain groups plenty of support, and then failing to back them up, leading to a slaughter and deadly rivalries that continue today.

And Tolik’s point is quite valid also – how is a brutal Cuban dictatorship allowed just 90 miles from the US with virtually no United States blood shed (though we went to the very brink of a full-on nuclear war by virtue of having allowed it all to happen), yet we sent nearly 60,000 to their deaths in Vietnam over a bogus incident in the Tonkin Gulf, half a world away (not to mention those we killed on the other side, innocent or otherwise)? And we have far exceeded the 9/11 deaths in the US through our regime change experiments from north Africa up through the middle east and SW Asia, all in the name of protecting “our” freedom? How does THAT work?

Side (and very personal) note to all that – a very dear friend dropped dead yesterday, most certainly the result of all of his injuries and other issues related to everything from Vietnam to Panama. It almost literally breaks my heart.

Perhaps the 60s radicals were more right than we had any idea at the time…. Thank goodness a marvelous twist of fate kept me from taking my first choice out of pilot training to fly low and slow over jungle canopies, directing in air strikes at “bad guys.” And anyone that thinks we weren’t fighting a proxy war with both China and Russia does not know what was going on at the time. How many captured American pilots ended up in the USSR will likely never be known.

Meanwhile, our POS commander-in-chief (cannot bring myself to capitalize that title) sits back and skillfully avoids ANY denunciation of Castro. Queue up Sonny and Cher: ♫ “And the beat goes on, and the beat goes on….” ♪♫

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Why was Castro not merely allowed, but aided, by various American interests, in establishing a communist state, allied with the Soviet Union, only 90 miles away, in the first place? Why was the invasion a disaster from the basic overly optimistic and lousy OPSEC plan? May as well ask why WWII European theater operations were conducted to allow the Soviets to take over Eastern Europe, or why the State Dept. arranged for all the captured Japanese arms and munitions to fall into the hands of the Chinese communists instead of our “ally,” the Nationalists. For that matter, ask why the nation that once was the beacon of freedom has become the Dark Side of the Force to much of the world, some of present company included.

Clearly, it’s not because so many ordinary Americans directly asked for those results, though by their lack of attention to their civic duties, they have allowed it. But there are people and forces beyond everyday casual remedies, and it would take more thought and persistence than most sheepizens are willing to give, to fix things, which is why most of us are here.

Cry, "Treason!"

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.