Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The methods of setting up a temporary camp are innumerable as are the available equipment including tents, tarps, bivouac’s. I ran across this today.

http://uev.com.au/

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

There are SO many variations of these off road campers that all seem to be about 20x what I even wish my budget could be. I think I will be stuck making myself something eventually.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Sled the great thing about building it yourself is you get exactly what you want for much cheaper and you can do it a little at a time so the cost is spread out. You are right some of those rigs are crazy expensive.

sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

I am actually thinking about doing something modular onto my current flat bed trailer. I would have to do a spring/shackle inversion and put on some bigger tires, but it would be worth it in the long run to have something as versatile as a flat bed/off road camper/cargo trailer/boat and atv/motorcycle hauler with only the need to swap out the modules on top. Been thinking about it for a while…… Oh if I only had the time I need to finish all these projects!

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Sled,
    Well you did get the most important one finished. Now you need to figure out how to incorporate a kegerator into your modular trailer.

sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>Sled,<br>
    Well you did get the most important one finished. Now you need to figure out how to incorporate a kegerator into your modular trailer.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, WOW this camper it got everything you would need and compact. Do you know what the price is?

sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Most like this I havve seen are between $40k and $60k. On out of Australia was goung for $100k US. The main webite might say.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

That is high priced. You can have one built for less. What is good is that the video gives you some great ideas if you where going to build one.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Been thinking on this for several years now. I procured an old 1964 military Jeep M416 trailer that I hope to build something into in a few years. Elevated rack/platform that holds the tent about 7 feet off the deck in a box that folds out to set up the tent on and provide shade and cooking area out of rain. Under tent in bed of trailer is propane tanks, storage, battery bank, kitchen, foldout tables, etc. Some good ideas here – like most of you, no funding for this unless the mega millions comes out right…besides, there’s something about building it yourself.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Just buy a multifuel 5 ton. The M923A2 has a turbo. You can have it bobbed as well. For 100K, I can kit out a bobbed 5 ton with all the toys and comforts one would need… sort of like a heavily armed tour bus. And I guarantee it can go more places and stand up to a heavier beating than some fancy-schmancy camper…

I’ll even take an old Deuce and a half… up-armor it and put some run-flats on it…. couple gun ports and a gunner’s ring with shield… big old cow catcher on the front with spikes…

Now honestly, which truck says “GET OUT OF MY WAY!”? The camper above? Or those I’ve posted below?

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Pheonix
    Pheonix
    Survivalist
    member5

Check this out. Something like this is what I want to build.

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=46134

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Pheonix, That is a great idea. They custom it nicely.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus I knew your camper was going to be a whopper! But you are right that for the money you can do a lot more.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

free,

Don’t have a camper… I just throw the camping stuff in the back of the pickup, throw a tarp over that to keep it dry and then take off…

Just saying for 100K you can get some real heavy duty stuff…

I guess I am sort of pooh-poohing campers some… folks don’t come down our little road here unless they’re headed to the “campsite” down on the river at the old ferry landing… they’re dragging “campers” nicer than our house. Some are driving RV’s so big they look like tour buses and you have to dodge off into the weeds so they can get those monsters down our road… Seeing a half-million dollar RV isn’t uncommon, and I can only stare in disbelief at something that probably cost more than our whole farm and everything on it…

Don’t mind me camper folks… just being cranky… if you all want a Doomer Camper, go on with your bad self.. don’t let crabby old me stop y’all…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.