Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly you are so right. I try not to go anywhere that I’m forced to be disarmed. I’m glad I don’t have school functions to attend any more.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, Yes concerts would be a problem with the loud music.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

I am constantly preaching Situational Awareness to my wife. When we make one of our infrequent trips to the mall, I ask her if she noticed a particular person wearing say a green baseball cap sideways. At first the answer would be “What green hat?” Now she is a lot better. What scares me is when she takes the granddaughters shopping. Nine year olds can be pretty distracting. I think in the future I will go along with her, just so we have another set of eyes, not to mention another weapon.

We have already cut down visits to the mall, since as someone said, there really isn’t anything to buy there anyway. I have become a good Amazon customer. I think I have returned only one item over the last several years.

Grandkids school functions call for special alertness, no doubt about that.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

No reason to fear…. We are safe!!!!

http://ageofdecadence.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I wish it was legal to have a loaded rifle in the car in Pennsylvania, that would squash any idea of an attack. We have over a million hunters in this state.

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

This threat has been made since 2007 (At least)… That’s given us 8 years to prepare. Says a lot about western civilisation does it not, that in 2015 we are talking options and tactics instead of knowing we are already ready to repel this….

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Toby C, This always happens. I think it is only in the news because the Republican Congress is not funding the DHS so they have to make some news to get the people behind O.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Yep Whirlibird, watch your six. Situational awareness is important … be able to scan your environment. How might I get out of this mall during the mayhem of mass shooting? It’s typically second nature for me to ask myself how I might escape and evade buildings/facilities I frequent. Earthquake or a shooter. I ccw a Glock 17 or more concealable Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm but I prefer to excape/evade if possible. Over the years I’ve developed a talent in staying clear of trouble but sometimes just not possible with the garden variety of predators out there. My talent for avoiding trouble is often mentioned by my wife. She says to family and friends it’s very hard for trouble to find me….she is funny. Some skills are honed well over the years :)

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

When I go to a mall, I always look for the doors that are going into the back of the stores ( the ones that the service people use to deliver product). Here in the Midwest, these doors are designated as Tornado shelters. They are accesible from the commoms area of the mall as well as the back of the individual stores.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes avoiding trouble is best unless you are cornered. If there is a terrorist with an AK or AR shooting and you have a 9mm hand gun you still need to be very careful since they have so much more shooting power over you. also you do not want to shoot someone else in the mall and not the shooter. It’s a hard call.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Lord grant me the serenity in the face of danger that I may focus on my front sight and trigger squeeze.

And as long as I have your attention, please make sure all of my enemies are set to full auto and their stocks folded.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Amen, Whirly.

And yeah, fleeing would be ideal. I always picture myself being caught in the open with no time to run. But if it starts at a distance, I’m outta there!

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Toby, There are certain elements working against us in that regard.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

How do you guys deal with the “gun free zone” crap at certain movie theaters? Do you ignore and carry anyway or do you actually go in “naked?”

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I’m illiterate and can’t read signs, haven’t you noticed?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.