Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

http://news.yahoo.com/somalia-extremists-urge-attacks-western-shopping-malls-180611400.html

Credible or not, the threat has been made.

Time to start taking ones defense and location seriously.

Do you live in, work in, or frequent a high profile target?
    What can you do to reduce the risk to you and yours?

What can you do to defend oneself if it comes to that?
    The time for kid gloves is over, regardless of what the idiot in the
    oval office says.

If you have to shoot, shoot em in the face.
    Less chance of hitting something that goes boom.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Whirli, whenever my trip out includes one of the shopping malls within my vicinity, I ALWAYS have my 9mm with me. I am considering carrying an extra magazine or two now. It is not something I would ever look forward to, but if guys came in with AK’s, my plan is to open fire whenever I judge it to be most surprising to them. Probably right off the bat but you never know. Depends on a lot of things.

But I will most certainly not hesitate and I will use lethal force. They are still human beings but they have made their choice.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

As much as I hate to bend to their terror threats my family and I will not be shopping at malls anymore. Real or not the latest greatest whatever is not worth the risk. Besides it’s easier and usually cheaper to order online. Whether this group has specific forces in the US to pull this attack off I don’t know but we have enough muslims within our borders that an attack by separate individuals would not surprise me. Keep your eyes and ears open and carry where you can.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

What can you buy in a mall? All I ever see there is 200 stores filled with women’s clothes. Now if it was a threat to hardware stores ….I might take that seriously. LoL

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Going to the mall around here is like visiting a foreign southern country. I don’t see my local mall as a target. Plus there are over 50,000 LTCF holders in my county with a total population of 450,000. Rounding that off, 10% of the people are armed legally (and another 10% illegally).

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Whether it is the Mall of America or some other high profile/high traffic venue, they will attack sooner of later, even if it is a rogue nutcase working alone hoping to become a martyr. The worst part of it will be afterwards when we have to listen to yet another “Islam is a religion of peace” lecture from the great islamapologist in the Oval Office. As for the threat itself, I take it to be just another reminder to be aware of your surroundings at all times. We may not be at war with them but they surely are at war with us. Woe to them when they cross some line that causes us to be at war with them.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

74, the closest mall to me has made its way onto the “dead mall” list. It is still open but so lightly trafficked that if the terrorists decide to attack that one, they may have a hard time finding shoppers to target. Of the three anchor stores, one just closed and a second will close this spring.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think the red line will be crossed after inuguration day 2017. Untill then we are on a long wild mouse ride.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

MtBiker,
    We have 2 malls close by, one is on death watch as well. I think they will have a section turned into an indoor flea market soon. The big stores are gone. The smaller retail stores sell thug clothing, baseball hats that must be worn sideways and cheap shoes. Other stores you’d never expect to see in a mall, (or anywhere else).

40 miles from me is a high end mall with a Nordstrom’s and other over priced stores. It might make the target list for a independent wackjob as there are frequent car jackings and other crimes aimed at affluent shoppers.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MB, The malls in the big cities like were I live are targets for sure, I only go there when buying clothing. Way to many people.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The good news 74 is that all of the potential candidates are Americans and none are Muslims, so that’ll represent a huge improvement on both counts. Note that when I say American, I will grant that ‘Bams was legally born an American but being raised for at least his 1st 10 years in an Indonesian Muslim household and with an African father in Kenya, too much of his formative upbringing was just not American, which may be why he seems to have so much hostility towards the US.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

matt76, I also buy almost everything online. Since many do not have the tax this makes it about the same price with the shipping cost. Also you can look at 100 stores at the same time and find the cheapest prices for the same item.

Many times they offer coupons to add to the cart system for 10 to 20% off. I sometimes find cheaper prices online in the same stores if I went to like Walmart has many items cheaper online. This goes for many stores online.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Brulen, Even the hardware, appliances I buy online and many times get free shipping, ends up to be cheaper.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Back to Whirlie’s post.
    Look for the available cover in malls. Cement planters, benches, columns and other solid barriers. Use it if you hear shooting. Try to determine if you are in sight of the shooter(s). Fight or flight? Measure your chance of success and the consequences of your decision. Don’t split up your group in the mall to meet later any more.

Every small retail space has an exit in the rear of the store. Don’t use the main mall exits or try to get back to your car through the mall. Just leave the building and look for danger outside before you exit. Go to a safe place with cover away from the shooting. Don’t show the cops you have a gun, they may shoot you and you will be detained until they figure out you didn’t shoot anyone. That could be days.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Its not just malls.
    Movie theaters, museums, schools, anywhere people congregate and are commonly unarmed.

Be aware, be cautious, and be sure of your actions.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.