Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Not quite .

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs#5

5. Can I give a firearm to my adult child? Can he/she give it back to me later?
    Yes, as long as the adult child receiving the firearm is not in a prohibited category, pdf and the firearm is legal to possess (e.g., not an assault weapon). The transfer of a firearm between a parent and child or a grandparent and grandchild is exempt from the dealer transfer requirement. The exemption does not apply to step-children/step-parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, or cousins.

If the firearm is a handgun, the recipient must obtain a Handgun Safety Certificate prior to taking possession and must also submit a Report of Operation of Law or Intra-Familial Handgun Transaction and $19 fee to the DOJ within 30 days after taking possession.

The same rules apply to the return of the firearm at a later date.

(Pen. Code, §§ 27870-27875, 30910-30915.)
    Can I give a firearm to my spouse or registered domestic partner? Can he/she give it back to me later?
    Yes, as long as the person receiving the firearm is not in a prohibited category, pdf and the firearm is legal to possess (e.g., not an assault weapon), the transfer of a firearm between a husband and wife or registered domestic partners is exempt from the requirement to use a licensed dealer to perform the transfer.

If the firearm is a handgun, the recipient must obtain a Handgun Safety Certificate prior to taking possession and must also submit a Report of Operation of Law or Intra-Familial Handgun Transaction, pdf and $19 fee to the DOJ within 30 days after taking possession.

The same rules apply to the return of the firearm at a later date.

(Pen. Code, §§ 16990, subd. (g), 27915, 27920, subd. (b).)

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

The legality of the magazine ban is going to hit the Supreme Court, both CA and US.

The total banning of an existing product, legally grandfathered in (magazines), let alone the banning the sale of a grandfathered product (rifles) without compensation or legal recourse will not fly.

There are numerous laws that cover this including interstate and intrastate commerce laws.

You will note, the designer of the bullet button already has a compliant replacement available to shove in Browns face.

And a Jimmy Buffett lyric comes to mind, “We got new laws but no one complies”.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Ex post facto law. It doesn’t even need to go to the Supreme Court. It isn’t legal. It isn’t right. It isn’t correct and it is immoral. No one is going to comply. Obama is a liar, lynch is a liar, both cllintons are liars and I have no idea how many government officials, but it’s substantial.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

One way or another, it’ll end up in the Extreme Court. Any bets on (1) who’ll be the Just-Us-es when it gets there; (2) what they’ll do with it, (3) what’ll happen next?

I always hope for sanity, but no longer expect it from any government.

Cry, "Treason!"

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Or they can say f*ck this state , and move to Arizona , where the 2nd amendment lives strong .

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Ex post facto law. It doesn’t even need to go to the Supreme Court. It isn’t legal.

Simply not true. Ask anyone that lost their ability to hunt, hold their job as a policeman or security guard, or continue a career as a member of the military (where annual weapons qualification is a requirement). It’s called the Lautenberg Amendment. If you’re not familiar with the Lautenberg Amendment, you’re in for a big wake-up about ex post facto laws. Like everything else, what you used to know and take for granted about established law does not apply if TPTB don’t want it it to apply.

If a young married man got angry and slapped his wife one time 30 years ago, she called the police, and police verified the hand print on her face, and the contrite young man went before a judge and admitted to his mistake and submitted himself to whatever the court wanted to do to him out of contrition, and he was given probation instead of potential jail time, paid a fine, and went to some anger management classes, BACK THEN he thought it would all be over if he never repeated any such thing. And that’s what the judge and his attorney told him, in good faith. Fast forward to the Clinton administration and Senator Frank Lautenberg. If you have EVER been convicted of a misdemeanor offense involving any domestic violence (child or spouse), you can NEVER again have, borrow, use, own, or otherwise be associated with firearms. You’re a high ranking military or law enforcement official? Tough. Have people actually lost their jobs, decades later because of Lautenberg? Absolutely. Ex post facto? Not according to the courts. Fact, not fiction. Deal with it, America. Everything you ever thought you knew no longer applies.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Everything you ever thought you knew no longer applies.

Boy, Howdy! In the today’s political world, facts become falsehoods, and vice versa, by means (I almost misspoke, and said, “virtue”) of the Just-Us-es of the Court system. Lewis Carroll saw similar madness in England, a century and a half ago. The Red Queen survived, and is about to rule our pack of cards again. It’ll get a whole lot worse before it even can get better. Welcome to the rabbit hole! Is it tea time yet?

Cry, "Treason!"

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Aye …….its tea time ……….as in Boston Tea Party .

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The U.S. Has fallen. I don’t think you can say anything else.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Putin 2016

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

The U.S. Has fallen. I don’t think you can say anything else.

Agreed. The only addition to that statement might be, “… and it can’t get up.”

As the old Carole King song said, “… it’s too late baby, now it’s too late ….”

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.