Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

If Zero can manage to sell a majority of the sheeple that gun ownership leads to terrorism, he’ll be able to get them to let him make up confiscation “laws” out of the same stuff our “money” is made of. Right now, the flock isn’t too sure. They can smell a wolf in there somewhere. But a few more pieces of carefully staged Marxist street theater might stampede ‘em.

Cry, "Treason!"

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
    Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Hey ! we older guys are good for holding fixed positions , freeing up the others to do what they need to do . If you can shoot and have the determination to hold , your useful .

Amen Tolik. My Father and I already seized upon that. I said, Dad, you hold the center and keep them busy, take ‘em out if you can. But stay alive. The other youngins and I will make the offensive moves and attack their weak flank(s).

Back on topic, USD dominance is indeed fading, but that’s not what’s concerning here. The fact is that ALL fiat currency is tied together, and is dying. The USD is just the leader of the pack. Yes, the BRICS are attempting to insulate themselves against the inevitable implosion of the US and its financial system… but they’re still going to be hit hard. I predict the US will be hit hardest in many ways because the change/collapse will be most dramatic to us.

Note: due to preparedness growing, we may be able to offset the catastrophe a bit.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

WhiteKnight, Well said
    “Back on topic, USD dominance is indeed fading, but that’s not what’s concerning here. The fact is that ALL fiat currency is tied together, and is dying. The USD is just the leader of the pack. Yes, the BRICS are attempting to insulate themselves against the inevitable implosion of the US and its financial system… but they’re still going to be hit hard. I predict the US will be hit hardest in many ways because the change/collapse will be most dramatic to us. “

My point 100% I never said that the U. S. Dollar was not going to collapse, it will. What I am saying is all other currencies will collapse too. When the U. S. Dollar collapses so will the Euro which is in trouble. Can the Chinese, Russians, India, be able to hold on without the consumers from the U. S. & Europe and maybe Canada too?

That is the question.

WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

My point 100% I never said that the U. S. Dollar was not going to collapse, it will. What I am saying is all other currencies will collapse too. When the U. S. Dollar collapses so will the Euro which is in trouble. Can the Chinese, Russians, India, be able to hold on without the consumers from the U. S. & Europe and maybe Canada too?
    That is the question.

I guess that depends on your definition of ‘hanging on.’ Will they cease to exist? No, I don’t think so. But they certainly will be dramatically different.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

So will we. A collapse of the dollar doesn’t mean the end of the dollar too.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

It will stil be around , but its worthless now ( unbacked ) , worthless is still worthless unless after the fact its backed by something real . Which may end up happening to all the fiat currencies . But backed or unbacked , I agree , it feels like a collapse is certain . Backing it after the fact might help it to bounce back ……..backed by what , I dont know . We cant do it with gold , we dont have enough .

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

the biggest question is how to survive and profit during the upheaval we all see coming. solid metals are good but it can come to a gold /silver round up like gold reserve act, things like diamonds/ precious stones if under a carat are useless and will require a specialty buyer. stamps again specialty buyer.

I have diversified but am always looking for better ideas and new ones, food, guns water ammo medical supplies, fuel, seeds and building materials already done so what else have others done to diversify?

hmm would be worth knowing how they did it or not

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peoplesdaily/article-3004149/2-200-year-old-crossbow-powerful-modern-day-assault-rifle-discovered-Terracotta-Warriors.html

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of namelus namelus.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of namelus namelus.
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

You’ve got me there. You’ve named everything except for one that I don’t see: arable land. Good farmland might come in reallll handy. Obviously, this is pricey.

Even better than tangible assets of course will be post-collapse marketable skills. Gunsmithing, metalworking, farming, you get the idea.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Non-GMO seeds. How to make fertilizer. How to plant/care for/harvest. How to create energy (from sun/wood/pulp/water.)….and some stuff Uncle Sam taught me!
    Robin

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

it can come to a gold /silver round up like gold reserve act

Namelus, silver wasn’t confiscated – just gold. So-called “junk silver” might be a good portion of someone’s personal “storehouse.” Those are the pre-1964 “silver” US coins to include dimes, quarters, 50¢ pieces, and silver dollars. They contain 90% silver, and $1.00 face value has about 0.72 oz. of silver in it (0.77 oz for silver dollars pre-1964). With silver prices currently rather low, it might be a good time to add some to your “collection” (again, note that these aren’t “pretty” collectible coins – they’re for trade). Drop ‘em if you don’t know the source, and make sure you get the nice “silver coin” sound, rather than a lead “thunk.” There are counterfeits that look pretty good to someone not familiar with them.

Even at today’s ($14.14/oz) silver price, a $10 roll of pre-1964 quarters is still worth a bit over $102, and a half-roll ($10 face value) of the old silver dollars (90% silver) are worth nearly $110.

The nice thing about junk silver is that it’s still legal, valid US money, at very least, unless they completely do away with any “cash” money and force us to go all electronic. So don’t leave them laying around for grand kids to find and go spend on a candy bar. Four pre-’64 quarters would set you back about $10 for a candy bar.

Just remember that it’s still silver, and that tends to be roughly synchronized with gold in price. Besides, an ounce of gold is just too huge a denomination for most people to accept in trade and want to give you some sort of “change” for a relatively low priced trade. Just do NOT fall for “war nickels.” Yes, they do contain a rather substantial amount of silver, but they can’t be melted down as easily (or, I’m told, safely) as silver can be, and the gummint has put a ban on shipping both them and pennies out of the country (or melting them down for the metals value of them). Coin shops and others will still easily buy pre-’64 dimes, quarters, halves, and silver dollars because they can unload them quickly for melt-value. In a SHTF situation, they could potentially be seen as a legitimate currency, due to the silver value of them. Don’t count on “silver rounds” however – most people wouldn’t recognize the names of the major private mints that make them, and wouldn’t trust them. 90% silver US coins are quite recognizable. If gold’s valuable in a SHTF environment, so should be silver.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS, Silver is a great option to own. Agree.

Profile photo of Corvus
    Corvus
    Survivalist
    member4

Maybe non-traditional silver rounds will be accepted by some; maybe some people will see silverware forks, knives, spoons as holding value, and do trades I have both Canadian, American legally minted coins as well as silver troy oz. rounds, it’s good to have some of all forms. I don’t see gold coins being all that usable just because people won’t be able to “make change” that might be perfect for “bribes” hence the need for pre-1964 coins of the USA mint. DOES anyone else have silver rounds non-government coins in their “collection’?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Corvus Corvus.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I’m sure some do, but perhaps some of those keep those things to themselves, knowing we’ve got open doors and windows here. I note a limited number of responses when some ask about what weapons, if any, anyone has – probably for the same reason. But judging from the popularity of silver rounds at a nearly coin store (based on conversations with the owner), I’d bet there are plenty of people that have some of the more popular privately minted 1 oz. rounds. The local owner did say he only bought certain ones from people – didn’t want relatively unknown ones, even if he was sure they were still 1 oz of .9999 silver. He couldn’t sell them to enough people, and got stuck with them. He apparently sells a good amount of a few well known private mint stuff, in addition to US, Australian, Canadian, and one or two other government mints.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

There is not even remotely enough silver & gold coinage in existence with which to run even a subsistence level economy. And govts don’t have enough gold & silver tucked away to make it actually exchangeable for paper money. Gold-backed paper money would not be anything more than a feel good exercise in which everyone pretends to believe the paper money is actually backed by gold. However much gold govts need to have sitting in vaults to back their currency is how much they will say they have and there won’t be any way to verify it.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

I don’t think we’re talking about an above-ground economy here, though. I’m talking about a SHTF situation, where all sorts of barter is going on, and suspect that silver may be ONE of the media of exchange (in addition to toilet paper, other precious metals such as lead, cigarettes, etc.). IF that scenario develops, one would do well to have an easily recognizable piece of “barter” material, and some unknown private mint that Joe Public wasn’t familiar with would never fly. But a Washington quarter without a copper sandwich in it (i.e. pre-1964) is pretty well known at least in the US. Would FedGov like such a deal? Hah!

I do remember back in the early 90s that a local gas station was accepting silver (90%, i.e. pre-1964) dimes for a gallon of gas during one of the gas crises. So it’s already happened, and I can easily envision it happening again.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.