Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7
    Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I saw this. Doesn’t really mean a whole lot unless they actually rule the bans Constitutional. They simply refused to hear the case.

Besides. There are still millions of us. They can’t just write this one off, they have to fight us for it and they know it.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

a law / amendment that will not be enforced by the courts means nothing just window dressing.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

These courts in the left wing states will not be about to in force there non-constitutional laws. Look at California law on the ten round mag, there has been not one 30 or 20 round mag turned in as of now, WOW! What are they going to do.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Although I disagree with the whole pretense of banning certain firearms due to their looks and intended purpose, I feel that we originally were hosed by this from laws passed back in the 1930’s to restrict such things as “tommy guns,” BAR’s and the sort. We blindly accepted this as an worthwhile compromise of our rights and now Pandora’s Box has been opened. Many rulings reference those laws and since they have not been taken to the Supreme Court we are left to suffer the addition overreaching generations later.

I really don’t see why we can’t have such firearms without dealing with tax stamps and the sort. Any argument that includes the words “public safety” already lost because there is no viable to way to isolate that statistic to check the delta. Substitutes to the fully auto firearm will skew any data and considering physical pummeling is the mechanism of more lethal confrontations every year than “assault weapons” the whole argument is a moot point.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

This president, more than any other single factor, I believe will be the functional downfall of the 2nd Amendment. It can remain in the Constitution as originally written, and not even be challenged through constitutional amendment. The Administration is doing an end run around the Constitution on so many issues through the use of agency directives by appointed and employed government officials, executive orders, presidential directives that aren’t formally challenged other than through rhetoric by various congressmen and “news” people. People can scream and yell and protest all they want, but without formal challenges with legal decisions as to the rightness or wrongness of presidential directives (or agency policies), we have de facto changes in “law.” And when agencies attach penalties to the violation of their policies, we have enforced “law.” It doesn’t matter whether it’s EPA policies, ATF policies, ICE policies, or whatever – if it’s a policy from within the rule-writing “capabilities” of the various agencies, and it has statements of penalty attached, and those penalties are carried out, we have “laws.” And we have a president that is so comfortable and confident in his ability to carry out such things, that he publicly brags about having a “cell phone and a pen.”

Sledjockey, “public safety” is very much the false “justification” being used in public – it attaches to the “gut” of America, just as a former public health czar used, “It’s for the chillren!”, to gain public support. Then the “rules” are acceptable, just like the ban on tommy guns way back before any of our memories. It sounded good in the days of gangsters and a very different society, and people didn’t generally have a sense of need to arm themselves as we do today. Doors weren’t locked much of the time, handshakes were solemn promises that people could count on as much or more than a written contract, etc. It doesn’t matter what the era or the political climate – the argument will be made to emotions, not reason. And we’ve been educated not to respond to reason but to emotion. The latest push toward that, which could have everlasting and devastating consequences, is the new push to give the vote to 16 year olds (if you haven’t seen it – don’t laugh – they’re dead serious, including Nancy Pelosi). Read through this and see the emotional arguments made, with very little hint of any logical, scientific (i.e. neurological/social maturity) evidence to the contrary. And note the influential source: NYT.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/10/us/politics/campaign-to-lower-voting-age-to-16-in-local-races-ignites-a-debate.html?_r=0

This is how it’s done. Appeal to emotion, hammer that point. Alinsky’s “Rules” truly do rule. The brilliance of the so-called “left” is not to be dismissed or simply laughed at. While we laugh or shake our heads, they make great strides.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Executive orders are official actions taken by the president directing the federal government and bureaucracies. Executive orders carry the power of law, but can be revoked or amended by future administrations and are limited in scope.

Executive action on immigration have been stopped by the courts so there is only so much that he can do with this power.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

IF they choose to challenge it ………….IF………….the system works , IF people do their job . Just Sayin

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

If push comes to shove (and it usually does), the Extreme Court has no troops to enforce their decisions, and the Just-Us-es all understand that. Within the realm of possibility (but not of probability), the finest CONgress money can buy could pass legislation to forbid federal expenditures to violate the Second Amendment, or to import unlimited refujihadis, and could conceivably pass it with enough super majority to override presidential veto, but they also have no troops. To such hypothetical counterweights, Hussein has made crystal clear that he will do absolutely whatever he wishes, though the entire nation stand unanimously against him.

As for the troops, of course there are some among them, both officers and enlisted, who take their oaths seriously. But I believe that, since Hussein’s (still ongoing) military putsch, they are in such minority, and under such scrutiny, that if they value their careers and lives, they keep it to themselves. In the shove to which push ultimately comes, they’ll be lucky to escape alive. Befehl ist immer Befehl!

The only wild card in the deck is whether Hussein’s frantic realignment of all the ducks, civilian as well as military, can be completed to his satisfaction, before he decides to pull the trigger.

Cry, "Treason!"

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Freedom, suggest you re-read my last post above, and then carefully consider what Tolik and L Tecolote just said.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS, I still believe in the true American which we are maybe 48 to 49%. We will not turn in our guns. We will stand together once it starts. Many in the military will do the same. They just can’t say that right now. When the time comes you will see. Do you guys know how many guns were purchase this year? Last year was 20 million and it was a record and this year we have a new record over 21 million guns sold. Obama is the best gun salesman that there ever been.

That shows me that the people are getting ready.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Was in Walmart today , getting some things , and picked up 3 more boxes of 308 , and a box of 12 gauge while i was there ………..just because .

L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Good move, Tolik! Your right to life, liberty, and property should not depend on any government (and can’t depend on this one), no matter how solemnly they may have previously promised to defend them. You have those rights because you are a human being — because you can’t live a fully human life without them — God given, if you will. The Second Amendment is simply a codification of the limits on the government’s power; it is not self-enforcing, but to be honored by a government which respects the documents creating it. We already know how that turned out.

It is our both our good fortune to have lived in the Republic before its end, and our loss to witness its end. In my view, the end of the battered and bastardized Republic, and the beginning of a succeeding, but weakened Empire was the coronation of Barack the First. It remains to be seen if the much reduced nation can survive him to become a strong and viable Empire, a resurrected and beneficial Constitutional Republic, or a handful of warring Peoples’ States. Those who pick emperors as they once picked presidents, probably favor the first, if they can get our progeny to abandon as pointless, the desire for liberty and their identifying traces of American culture. Can the survivors learn to recreate a Republic? We shall see, provided we survive to encourage its rebirth.

Cry, "Treason!"

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Can the survivors learn to recreate a Republic?

My fear is that those behind us have been so sufficiently dumbed down by their “education” that they could not comprehend what Ben Franklin told Mrs. Powell they had produced: “A republic, if you can keep it.” Even my own kids have been seduced by la-la-land. They see the Republican Party as the potential savior of the nation, and don’t really have any concept of the difference between a pure democracy and what the Constitution gave us. They never comprehended why anyone would even consider supporting Ron Paul over Mitt Romney. Those discussions are now “off limits” with them, sadly. I almost literally weep for my grand and great grand kids.

GS

L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

GS, an “education” that produces a dogmatic unwillingness to question one’s conclusions and learning, is but an indoctrination.

Cry, "Treason!"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.