Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Let’s use this thread to identify known BOL’s of the elite (with supporting data if possible), and otherwise to make note of general areas that wealthy people have properties that preppers would view as good spots. Many such properties are certainly no more than vacation homes to owners that are oblivious to it making for a good BOL, but we have no way of knowing what their real intention is.

For the vast majority of us there is a real difference between a place being suitable to hide for a while and a place being suitable to make a go of it long term. The super wealthy could perhaps blur that distinction somewhat by virtue of being in a position to fully provision a place for multiple years until the dust settles down and a die-off is complete but I think our focus should be on locations suitable to make a go of it long term. If we can’t see them feeding themselves in that location after the stockpiles dwindle, then it really is more of a temporary hiding place than a long term BOL.

Using examples I am familiar with, Northern New England (Vermont, New Hampshire. Maine) are chock full of 2nd homes owned by people from Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, & New Jersey. Many such homes are in ski resorts, on lakes, or along the coast. At best they could be used as temporary hiding places because they come with little to no ability to produce food. It would be a stretch to view these properties as good BOLs. The same goes for the many vacation homes you find in the woods or on the sides of mountains. Here in Vermont where the mountains are smaller than what you find in New Hampshire and where you find abundant farmland comparatively, there are many country properties owned by rich folks that either used to be be farms or that are still used in some limited form for hay, to pasture horses, or for sugaring (maple syrup). Those places could make for good BOL’s and so for me those are the places I will pay attention to.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Personally I’m very hesitant when looking at this type of post.

Looking back just a few years, one can look at doomsday prepper Tyler Smith and his plans of raiding his neighbors and taking their preps.

So are we looking at places to rob, take over or just squat in/on?

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Not any of that at all, at least not by me. It is more a reading of the tea leaves kind of thing. Are many of the elite preparing to bug out, and if so where to and in what form? If we are better informed we might be able to notice when they start heading for the exits.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I don’t know Whirly. I never think along those lines of thought. I was thinking it might help some of us convice desenters that people who might know something are scared of the future.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greenbrier

The Greenbrier

The Greenbrier is also the site of a massive underground bunker that was meant to serve as an emergency shelter for the United States Congress during the Cold War. It was code named “Project Greek Island”

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Whirlibird wrote:</div>Personally I’m very hesitant when looking at this type of post.

Looking back just a few years, one can look at doomsday prepper Tyler Smith and his plans of raiding his neighbors and taking their preps.

So are we looking at places to rob, take over or just squat in/on?

No looking for places to avoid. The wealthy draw apex predators like flys. I watched that DP episode. He Smith was rather amoral but he seemed to think after a crash preppers would prey on other preppers and he would be the last prepper standing. Of course I didn’t know he was prohibited from owning a gun. He wasn’t wearing an orange jump suit was he. It was surmised very quickly he would draw the authorities and be taken out one way or the other. He would attract people to his gang as the crash initiated itself (like now) and probably informers ( a lot of cop informers). His group would end up as the Army of Nathan Holn (The Postman) or all dead in the partisan war that follows the Big Crunch. Needless to say the well off elite prepper would avoid him like the plague. I don’t want to give a bunch of clues to well off prepper havens …. lol. So i’ll stop here.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

As Mountain Biker stated in his post to start this thread, this is information gathering of locations. Many will be nothing more than vacation homes, but some are stating that they want a safe location in case of civil unrest.

Examples:

Financier Robert Johnson has stated he bought land on the border with Quebec to stay safe in case of civil unrest.

Movie Mogul James Cameron has moved his family to a 1,000 acre farm in New Zealand.

The Bush family has purchased 1,000 acres in Paraguay

Is this the tip of the iceberg? Could it provide us with some early warning that the situation is headed south?

Just another data point for us to watch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.