Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

What clothes are in your BOB? Do you have a separate bag for this?

Robin

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

For us Bob doesn’t change much as our weather is famous for being crappy.

• rain gear
    • socks,
    • underwear.
    • Hats (switch out winter to summer depending on the person)
    • mitts – gloves
    • light sweaters.
    • Light weight pants

Anything else would be put on as we leave. BOL has clothes waiting there for us.

I will add that depending on where you are you may need to add snow gear, but for us that would be worn.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I keep a flecktarn compression stuff sack for my clothing . It is placed vertically , in between the side compression straps of the pack .

• 1 pair of jeans
    • 1 extra pair of German army flecktarn BDU pants
    • 1 flecktarn t-shirt
    • 1 casual light weight civie button down short sleeve – subdued color
    • 1 plain navy blue pull over hoodie – no markings
    • 1 forrest green Cabellas baseball cap
    • 4 pairs socks
    • 3 pair underwear

That is what I consider spare clothing . I also have a few bandanas , a boonie hat that folds into nothing , pair of leather work gloves , 2 pair of thin stretchy  black gloves w/ rubberized fingers . And a Flecktarn poncho , these are either on my person or elsewhere in the pack , they take up little space . but if I do have to go out the door , I have some cloths that I special ordered from Germany , just in case , an all weather smock and reinforced pants . If I am forced out the door , I’m not concerned how I look , and will be tacked out with flecktarn chest rig , AK , etc. nobody will be safe and I want all my defensive **** handy , I also have a Soviet DVD cloth jump ” helmet ” for minor head protection , if I felt it needed , most likely not . I will not be wearing the civie stuff , that is for if I had to go into a town to look around or buy things ……other than that , its military equipment .

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

One change of clothes (thermals-wool, trousers, fleece) spare hat and gloves, 2 pairs of socks. Poncho. I embrace ‘wet and dry’ routines, and firmly believe in keeping BOB contents MINIMAL!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Since I am in Florida the clothing is all light, t-shirt, pants 2 underwear 2 socks and a hat for the sun.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik,

Where did you find the best place to buy flecktarn?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

1974, I also found this website that I am going to buy this one! http://www.keepshooting.com/german-flecktarn-parka.html

Ghost
    Ghost
    Survivalist
    member3

I don’t actually have a BOB, I did once upon a time now I have the bag I use for Bushcraft that can be used as a BOB.

What cloths you have should be dependant on several things, time it takes you to get from A – B, Weather/ Time of Year that sort of thing. BUT things get more complicated depending on if you have a BOL or if your BOB is an INCH or Refugee Pack.

Heading to a stocked BOL, a change of socks for each day traveling might be nice maybe a change of cloths depending the length of the journey you want to get there ASAP so don’t overload yourself.

Most INCH bags are implausible imho depending on scenario but the majority of people think they’re going to pack everything they need to live in the woods indefinately on their backs whilst severly lacking the skill sets needed or understanding the logistics involved.

A Refugee Pack, cloths should be hardwearing and appropiate for the time of year.

You could just be bugging out to a premier inn depending on scenario where full camo will stand out, saw a guy in Lidl in full camo the other day, he didn’t exactly blend in.

Just my opinion.

If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.

Profile photo of RangerRick
    RangerRick
    Survivalist
    member1

I have nothing made of cotton in my bag. Gets wet and you freeze to death. I carry 2 spare sets of socks with liners, Buy oversize boots for wearing socks and liner at the same time. Keeps blisters at bay.I use the new military fleece and wool for my  socks, long johns, pants and shirts. Outer wear is military also, light weight, durable and water proof.

Depends on season what I carry and how heavy the clothing will be. In our SAR unit up here in North Idaho, I carry  a new complete Antarctic winter suit with boots I scored at the local Veteran Standown.

If you are a veteran goggle Stand Down and go score free gear.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

I am trying to keep it simple and very lightweight, one change of clothes is there, trying to keep it multifuctional, and light (for example disposable raincoats and similar).

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think the bug out bag clothes you pack depends on were you live. Cool weather areas may need a bigger bug out bag. In the South it is rain and heat so rain coats and light cloth.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

1974 , like freedom mentioned , ebay is a good start , make sure your settings are set to ” worldwide ” .

a good ebay seller out of Germany is http://stores.ebay.com/felddepot/

there are a few manufacturers in Germany :

http://www.asmc.de/

http://www.sturm-miltec.de/home.htm

most have things that are MOLLE compatible , if you want good reproductions of current US gear in flectarn , then these guys make some stuff , they are over priced , but if it fits what you are trying to do , than its your call . Just type in flectarn in the search on all  the sites .

http://www.rap4.com/

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

As to how much to carry in a BOB , thats strictly up to the person and their philosophy , there is no right or wrong . Bug out , means your leaving through situations beyond your control ………or you would most likely stay put . That said , If I have to be uprooted from my home , there is a good chance that I’m not going to be returning anytime soon , that said , when or if I do return , I would bet money that it will be a ransacked mess , with nothing I left behind still remaining in it . So given that , I pack on the heavy side , you can always ditch or trade things later as you see fit . I have a medium BOB , and a Large BOB , if I have to go alone , and move around on foot a great deal , then the medium one is what I will pick up , if I’m not alone and can depend on transportation most of the time , the big one is what I take , and give the med . to another in my party . The med one is a flecktarn 50 L pack with several Molle pouches attached . The large pack is the current issue US army Molle large ruck in multicam , that thing is a monster ! it will hold more than you can carry .

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8
      Spare skivvies (those long pairs of athletic underwear prevent chafing)

• 3 pr wool socks.
    • Reversible smock.
    • Poncho and liner.
    • One short sleeve t-shirt (Carhart).
    • One long sleeve t-shirt (also Carhart).
    • Spare athletic shoe inserts.
    • Pair of nomex flight gloves.
    • Boonie hat

This stuff is mostly dependent on season/weather. I would include a wooley-pulley, watch cap, sniffle gear, etc in colder weather..

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.