Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

So now Buffalo, NY wants to seize your gun if you die. Family will have to turn the gun in. These gun control people are just looking into every way to take our guns away.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/13/buffalo-police-search-for-firearms-at-home-after-funerals/

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The smart families will just say the deceased sold the guns before he passed.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>MountainBiker wrote:</div>The smart families will just say the deceased sold the guns before he passed.

:D

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of hillbilly chic
    hillbilly chic
    Survivalist
    member2

on the comment buffalo to seize guns from familys after funerals my thoughts would be on the lines of the guy who said basically lie as a person of faith and conscience that would present a conudrun except for the fact that i dont believe the socalled rites of the state outweigh my hard fought for god given rites that many a honurable man and woman have paid the ultimate price for including many of the founding fathers that penned tthe constitution in blood and plunder so if they must they can try but it will cost them and my favorite saying is … whatever you can afford hillbilly chic out

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

no need to lie if you think ahead. you would have to prove it anyway with a bill of sale.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

As a subject of occupied new yorkistan, basically all guns are registered, and permitted.

All transfers must go through the legal process to a permitted person.
    You may inherit, but you must have the guns transferred to you to possess.

Possession of an unregistered gun there? Bad. Very bad.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

that sux. private sale is still AOK here, so long as both have their PAL.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

The NYSafe act basically ended that.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well the person has passed away so how are you going to find a bill of sale? Send the guns to a family member in another state. You do not know anything.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It’s theft of personal property, it won’t stand up in court.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>KOS wrote:</div>no need to lie if you think ahead. you would have to prove it anyway with a bill of sale.

But I can’t see how the State can require the survivors/heirs to have documentation of what the deceased did before his passing. By that I mean if they said he sold them/gave them away/lost them/whatever, and that they don’t know what he did with the paperwork, they can’t be held responsible for the deceased not having retained the paperwork or the survivors not knowing where he put it. The onus on the family of course is to then not be caught in physical possession of the weapons.

Profile photo of hillbilly chic
    hillbilly chic
    Survivalist
    member2

i live down south in georgia u.s.a we can still go to a flea market and buy or sell weapons u do have to pass backround check at gunshows but even between indivuals its legal to sell ur guns without paper work i think it fool hearty to because if your registered gun kills someone there would be a lot of questions and possible liabilitys but we take our second amendment rites extremely serious die hard liberals would not fare well down here i know if and when they try to conficate our weapons if word gets out before they kill us all you will definately hear of shtf situation breaking out we know “when government fears the people there is liberty, when the people fear the government there is tyrnarry”. im praying the powers that be got better sense but like they say you cant cure stupid.hillbilly chick out.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The problem in NY is that the powers that be don’t have any sense. Same in MA, CT, NJ, and MD too for that matter. Probably others too.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>It’s theft of personal property, it won’t stand up in court.

Actually it will.
    It’s not theft, it’s safekeeping.
    The firearms can’t be transferred in NY without going through the rigamarole.
    The law is screwy, but it’s the law for now.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Move to Arizona , we almost have no gun laws . No bill of sale needed for person to person , registration prohibited by state law . Constitutional carry , castle doctrine , stand your ground , etc .
    But seriously , hide them and play dumb , you dont know where they are .

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.