Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Not sure if any of you have come across this product before:

https://www.technonllc.com/pd1

I was contacted by the distributor some time ago, and I ran a practical test, in our fire dept. ‘smoke diving’ facility which you can see here:

Potentially a nice addition to EDC. I routinely carry mine if I’m in areas where I’ll be using a subway or similar. I’m sure there are a whole host or circumstances where this item could come in useful :)

Profile photo of claymor
    claymor
    Survivalist
    member2

After watching the video and reading the specs, it sounds like a great product. I just added a couple to my list! Thanks for the post, Toby

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

I must say, I really was pleasantly surprised with the test :) Glad you found the product of interest!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Thanks for the information, first time seeing this mask.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Looks like it would work well on someone who talks to much (or won’t at all). lol

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Toby,
    Great item for anyone working/living in a multi story building or uses subways every day. Just remember it’s not intended as protection from the high heat of a fire. Having that bag melt on your head would suck.

Profile photo of Glockerman
    Glockerman
    Survivalist
    member2

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>Toby,<BR>Great item for anyone working/living in a multi story building or uses subways every day. Just remember it’s not intended as protection from the high heat of a fire. Having that bag melt on your head would suck.

True that, but most people die from smoke inhalation.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Glockerman, True however most of those deaths are residential fires where the occupants are sleeping and never wake due to carbon monoxide poisoning. The other fire deaths for the most part are in public buildings with inadequate egress for the number of people within the building and have large fires that developed rapidly.

The first group can only be saved by using alarms and or sprinkler systems so they can escape.

The second group always has unusual circumstances contributing to large fires and blocked exits. In the case of the hotel fires more sleeping people. If you manage to get one of these over your head, you would still need to negotiate the other people in the building without being crushed at the doors. Then find an alternative exit having no visibility while avoiding the heat of the fire. I’m just saying don’t expect it to do miracles.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.