Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

BREAKING NEWS: OBAMA ATF ANNOUNCES BACKDOOR AMMO BAN!

Perhaps y’all already knew about this, but it was news to me.

Also: ATF Delays Any Changes to Nitrocellulose Regulation

(hat tip: Survivalblog.com)

Cry, "Treason!"

• This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

That which they can’t do by law they will attempt via regulation. The media all too often chooses to purposely not cover the implications of regulatory changes. The social justice warriors are in charge and are not accountable to anyone for their actions.

In recent weeks on several occasions with different groups of people the topic came up of how over regulated we have become in all facets of life to the point of common sense just not being applied anymore. Much of the problem is that it has come incrementally a little at a time so that most people hardly notice the change. Over time it does tally up to very large changes however.

Our low population and relative lack of resources here in VT means small govt compared to many other places. Regulation is but a fraction of what exists to our south in MA. Yet even here I can see the incremental creep. My town does not have building or any other kind of inspectors and zoning is fairly basic but we do have a zoning administrator that works a handful of hours per month issuing building permits. The one we had for years more applied common sense than he did the letter of the law and the system worked. He didn’t want to do it anymore and was replaced earlier this year by someone far more zealous. In my elected capacity at Town Hall I get copies of all the permits issued and also see associated correspondence. The new guy is strictly adhering to all zoning and other regs to a degree that I probably wouldn’t have been granted a permit for my greenhouse. At issue would have been its proximity to a wetlands, a stream, and my pond despite it being built on the exact same spot and having a smaller footprint as a large shed/animal stall that I tore down. The new guy is now our new normal and we are in a different place than we had been for years, though few notice because few seek building permits. It comes a little and a little.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I had read this. I always knew that the liberals gun control was not working so they all put there heads together to find other solutions. Ammo is the way to go. Ban ammo and we all will have no way to use our guns. Some want to tax ammo so high that no one can buy it, others want to ban everything that makes a bullet.

For now we need to all buy more ammo and vote. Trump is not the best but he is a 2nd Amendment supporter so for now we need to vote for him.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I can think of some ‘social justice ‘ ways to USE the ammo .

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Even Snopes confirms the basics of this story – now THAT is truly scary! There is not a chance that they didn’t float this idea on purpose, knowing full well that it would create a firestorm of protest. It’s just the next step. Not a chance in this world or the next that I’ll believe they won’t pursue this. Thanks for the heads up, Tec. I’m concerned that I also hadn’t seen this.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Freedom – not so fast! Read THEIR wording:

In the interim, previously authorized industry practices concerning wetted Nitrocellulose will not be affected.

FedGov has a long “proud” history of floating outrageous ideas to see what responses they get, and once they get an idea of how a policy is going to be countered by the opposition they simply put the policy on hold and do further homework to be better equipped to defeat their enemy (the people). They merely said they’re holding off FOR NOW, and that, “ATF has and will conduct further industry outreach concerning wetted Nitrocellulose.” Again, the sentence immediately following that, in their own quoted statement, is the crucial qualifier: “In the interim, previously authorized industry practices concerning wetted Nitrocellulose will not be affected.”

AFTER “the interim,” the implication is that they’re fully intending to press forward with this new determination. You could safely lay pretty good odds on that.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well if you are right then what this means to me is that the changes will not happen now but may happen after the elections. My opinion is we all need to keep purchasing ammo to store.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.