Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

USA Today has a very interesting video on the grid! What are all the attacks that are going on right now.

Bracing for a big power grid attack: ‘One is too many’

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/03/24/power-grid-physical-and-cyber-attacks-concern-security-experts/24892471/

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This will happen eventually. The impact will far exceed any suicidal attack on a non infrastructure target.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I am always glad to see this topic get publicity. If only govt. would take it more seriously. A cascading failure could prove impossible to come back from.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

When the Main Stream Media begins talking about something like this, I really get interested in how they are spinning this. It’s possible this is the black swan event that ushers in martial law. I keep thinking back to the sniper attack on the transformers on the West coast. A lot of people were concerned that this was test run for the real thing.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Who actually thinks there will be martial law if the grid goes down? just imagine no one coming.

Profile photo of Aukxsona
    Aukxsona
    Survivalist
    member2

I think for a few days we would be fine as everyone would expect the lights to get back on. About week two, without any public information campaign it could turn ugly.

When was the last time you went without electricity, running water, food, and had babies screaming for food...now you know why I prep. These are the things a mother's nightmares are made of.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Who actually thinks there will be martial law if the grid goes down? just imagine no one coming.

Thousands of paranoids would be greatly disappointed.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Aukxsona, More the 50% of the public eats out everyday. No food at home. Some only have food for two to three days in there houses. I think after day two the markets will be hit hard for food.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

freedom, those same folks that don’t have any food at home are also the folks that don’t get gas until their tanks are on E. Many of them won’t get too far looking for open restaurants before they run out of gas. Just look at the folks that run out of gas trying to leave town when a hurricane is approaching. They’ve had several days notice that the storm is approaching and then they still get caught without any gas in their tanks when it’s time to evacuate. We also see folks screaming that they don’t have any water or food as soon as the storm passes, it not occurring to them to buy some supplies during the several days that they know the storm is approaching.

Overall I agree things will start to get ugly by day 2 or 3.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, In the city were I am the first two weeks in a SHTF will be hell but after that it will slow down. It will still be danger all around but 50 to 75% will be dead by week three.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Under real life experience somebody posted about power failure… stores were definitely beginning to empty on day 2.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

In many urban areas chaos will erupt within the hour. In fact people in stores will start walking out with food & whatever is in their carts after 15 minutes.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes and 60% will die in the first 30 days. 20% will leave to rural areas, they will find ways to get there and the last 20% will stay put with stored food and water. That last 40% will have half die off which will leave about 20%.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

For those of you who think the concern about martial law is paranoia, I would refer you the events of Post Katrina and the search for the Boston Bombers. Major cities shut down by the authorities. Maybe it will not be instituted, but this is a government whose motto is: “Never let a good crisis go to waste.”

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

And we will be on our own ……..I dont see anybody around the world coming to help us out after all we have done over the past several decades . It will force us to stay home .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.