Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I don’t smoke, never have.
    But my grandfather did, profusely.

He would keep his cartons in plastic bags in the freezer to assist them in lasting longer.
    Can’t say if it works, but it’s worth a look.

The vacuum packing, “should” reduce the oxidation at least a bit.
    Using Mylar bags and some O2 reducers may add quite a bit of life to the end result.
    Again, no experience in this area.
    The vacuum packer, yes, the cigs, no.

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Just to throw this in the mix. Here many people ‘snus’ instead of smoke. I think in US you would call this ‘dipping tobacco'(?) Can’t stand it myself, but MANY people around me are addicted to it. It comes in a small tub, and is moist so freezing it does significantly add to shelf life. I bought a few packs and threw them in my freezer ‘for a rainy day’, in absence of any other tobacco products I imagine avid smokers would give it a go and trade for it.

You can buy it loose, or in pre packaged portions. This guy tells you a little more…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjm4urNpVPo

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Toby,

“snuff” is roughly the equivalent of sticking a handful of wintergreen flavored coffee grounds in your mouth…

Never liked it. Just… bleah. I have chewed tobacco before (Red Man) in the field when smoking would have compromised us tactically (you can see the cherry of a lit cigarette at 5 miles on a dark night. Farther, if you have night vision… easy way to get dead). “Chaw” is much more benign than snuff… somewhere around here, I had the recipe to make twist tobacco flavored with molasses and vanilla. That might be a seller as well.

Will look for that recipe…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.