Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Whirli,
    Beard wrote some great books. Here is another one. I believe it was the precursor to the Scout handbook.

The American Boy’s Handy Book
    Not exactly survival oriented but has some great how to stuff in it. My 12 yr old daughter borrowed it and I never got it back. Go figure.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Got my son that one for Christmas a couple of years back.

Profile photo of dmarie
    dmarie
    Survivalist
    member2

Awesome!

dmarie

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Thanks for the references! Will peruse through them.

‘The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse’ is interesting first hand account of surviving economic collapse in Argentina by Fernando Aguirre. He shares his experience, strategies, tips etc. He keeps a blog here: http://ferfal.blogspot.com/ and YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheModernSurvivalist

‘The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse’

http://www.amazon.com/The-Modern-Survival-Manual-Surviving/dp/9870563457

Mr Aguirre will not win literary award but the book has a ‘real’ flavor from someone who lived through economic SHTF.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

I’d highly suggest you guys check out the books written by David Gingery.

“Gingery is most famous for his Build Your Own Metal Working Shop From Scrap series, which details how to build a reasonably complete machine shop at low cost, often from scrap metal and other items. The hobbyist starts by constructing a small foundry capable of melting silicon-aluminum and zinc alloys from recycled automotive parts. Then green sand castings are used to make a metal lathe. The lathe is the first machine built since it can be used to help build itself. The lathe and foundry are then used to make more complicated machine tools.”

I’ve only just started to dig into them and I’m more than impressed.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of Anselm
    Anselm
    Survivalist
    member6

Red, you have found a treasure in David Gingery. But be aware that his books were a part of Lindsay Technical Books, now out of business, and that their whole remaining stock went to Your Old Time Bookstore. Browse there; it will bowl you over.

Profile photo of Anselm
    Anselm
    Survivalist
    member6

A great need that is not addressed enough is how to be “gray”. Check out the Repairman Jack series of novels by Dr. F. Paul Wilson, and prepare to be amazed. I suggest you begin with the juvenile cycle, three books, and then go to the adult series.
    Jack does not repair appliances but situations. For example, say that your family has an heirloom that is confiscated by the government and put into a museum. You steal it back, and some jerk then steals it from you. You can’t go to the police because they’d put you in the slammer; so you go to Repairman Jack; he gets your heirloom back for you.
    Jack dresses nondescript. Nobody can ever remember what he looks like. He has no Social Security number, no credit card, no bank account, no official anything. He takes payment only in cash, which he immediately turns into gold, and which he hides in his apartment — which itself is rented under a fake name.
    Most of the novels are set in New York; only one in the Everglades; and the juvenile cycle in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey.
    And, in the series, as often in real life, nothing is as it seems.
    The books must be read in order.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Ran across a link to three medical manuals/courses you can download for free:

http://preparednessadvice.com/medical/good-medical-training-free/#.VCWaL0d0wb1

The first time I tried this I got some pdf about solar but got the real thing on the second download.
    Warning: The third pdf is HUGE!
    Robin

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.