Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Leopard you welcome, This is what I do best!

Here on this website you can download 100’s of survival books on a zip file, has more the 1 G of info,

http://www.armageddononline.org/disaster-prep-help.html

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Survivors By James Wesley, Rawles

http://convert.librs.net/download/12408/pdf

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Excuse me all….you are what you think…you create your own reality. I am responsible for what I experience in this lifetime,…because I helped create this ‘life’ opportunity in order for myself to learn (haha or not) and grow. Who the he** knows what or when SHTF comes,…meantime… T R U S T that you are where, and with whom you have the best chance of growing.. closer to ‘the One’ (trying to be PC here). FEAR has NO PLACE in your life if you seriously want to be alive on the blue planet to be witness to what does, actually, happen. BUCK TF up people. We WILL prevail…the outcome assured. There is,however,…no room for equivocating. FOCUS. (Sorry, my rant for the day after a looooong day)

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Thank you, Freedom !
    Now you are making me SMILE Tweva. I really do love you guys!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

You are right tweva. I work on it everyday.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Several of those sites/links are chock full of stuff. TYVM.

Once I get my deer (archery season), I will finish out Lights Out and start in on something else. You guys have convinced me to just power through the boring start.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Sledjockey, I’ve got more than three books that’s got my attention now. Will let you know soon. Enjoy!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I have downloaded all with no problems, I get the pdf only.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

tweva, I’m not understanding where you are coming from. I have created my own reality my entire life through focusing on goals, doing what I had to do to get there, and choosing what kind of person I wanted to be. Reading doomer fiction sometimes has helped me think through certain prepper related issues, and at other times has just been entertainment. As a kid I read a lot of science fiction and adventure stories (Robinson Crusoe, Swiss Family Robinson type stuff). As an adult I shifted more to history, historical sagas (James Mitchener type stuff) and spy thrillers (Tom Clancy type stuff), most recently doomer fiction. I read either to learn things or engage my imagination, and if I can do both at the same time, all the better.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I agree, I not only love to read these doomer fictions but also love the TV doomer fictions too. I find that in some I find some facts that can be used or that may happen. Also they are fun to read.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

It takes a hero novel. Fun but not very realistic. The real preppers were slaughtered after our hero decided the good of the many outweighed the needs of the few.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Each author expolores scenario lines of possibility in new ways and either resolves or destroys the problem facing the characters.

In the book One Second After the way the local elected officials decided they were in control is a real possibility. When the county who ever decides to declare marshal law in your area what do you do when they want all your stuff, (guns, food & shelter).

Each state has an Emergency Management Plan that includes every county & municipality. I think it would be worth while to read your local plan.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Agree with 74 on this, each book has something that will happen or that can be used for planning scenarios that we have not thought about.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Just as a side note. I read through my counties Pandemic Emergency Plan and one of the topics is food resources. They specifically include agricultural and farms as resources they will use for food supply. They expect contribution from the entire local community of businesses in the effort to maintain operations. The plan mentions Federal and State plans and i suspect that they are given authority through government channels to commandeer resources as necessary.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.