Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

The longer I’m dealing with all the possible SHTF scenarios – and the fact that I am completely incapable of stopping any of them, or even influencing them in any way – well, it’s put a shadow on my heart. We’re going down – anyone who is ‘awake’ can see it. Nothing I do or say can stop or slow that in any way. That I feel betrayed and that my life’s work – being a soldier in the service of the Republic – has been for nothing.

Our government has betrayed us – encouraging our borders to be overrun and the NSA to spy on us. The militarization of our police forces and DHS pre-positioning assets for when it all comes down. FEMA camps. Hundreds of thousands of industrial sized coffins stashed around the country. Picking fights with what seems like everyone in the world. Our central bank selling off our debt to our enemies, giving them leverage over us. Radical devaluing of our currency. “Redistribution” of wealth – which is just armed robbery under color of law.

Race relations have never been worse. Legions of idiots and sycophants elect slick-talking flim flam artists to the White House based on nothing more than a feeling. Our government is thoroughly corrupt and evil, populated by goons, thugs, sociopaths and megalomaniacs. The (un)Patriot Act is anything but – it eviscerates at least half the Bill of Rights, and the NDAA (signed under dark of night on December 31st) eviscerates the other half, as well as the Posse Comitatus Act. Result? You can now be “disappeared” at will for any reason, or no reason, at all. 4th Amendment? What 4th Amendment? If our “Preezy” doesn’t like you, and on the flimsiest of reasons for justification, they can drone you – an American citizen – anywhere in the world. Now that those evil bastards have classified the United States as an official “theater” in the nebulous “war on terror” this includes the continental United States.

The Free **** Army is on the march, demanding yet more free stuff, paid for by a dwindling number of producers. The middle class is being targeted for annihilation. Obongo-Care is a scam designed by insurance industry bean counters for the sole purpose of enriching a select few.

If you dare speak your heart, you face excoriation and possible jail time. If you’re a vet, you’re automatically a “suspected, potential domestic terrorist” and very likely on a list somewhere. We’re no longer a Republic, we’re an oligarchy. Our own government is ruled by others via proxy – all of them bought and paid for – by foreign governments and/or special interest groups whose allegiance is beholden to others, not to America…

Don’t get me wrong – I ain’t giving up for nothing, and I’m gonna keep on keepin on. “Quit” ain’t in my vocabulary. But it’s damn hard to keep on keepin on in the face of all this. Just knowing what I know is depressing as hell… my only hope is that once the smoke clears, we can build a better world on the bones of the old…

Just wondering if anyone else feels anything close to that… and I apologize for being such a downer.

God bless and defend you all.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Ditto, damm near makes you wanna cry (not like a baby Melgus)

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

True words Malgus. There is no denying that we will have to face a pretty nasty storm soon.

But like you said, there will be something like a new beginning and that comes along with the chance that the people who survived all this can rebuild a better society.

This is what I look forward to (if I make it until then). I feel a bit like in preparing for a big challenge (or even “game”).

I do try to understand the reasons for all the mess we are in right now and we are slowly drowning in but I don’t ponder it too much or even care about it anymore.

I have no more faith in governments, corporations and most authorities.The whole system in its current form is not sustainable, whoever runs it. So this part is like a closed chapter for me.

Maybe this is a bit like a person with a terminal disease that has come to terms with it. I try to use the “good” time we still have as much as possible to get ready for whatever happens. Even if nothing happens, I will have learned more skills that I enjoy and value for what they are.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

I read Psalm 55 last night > and I felt better He will never let the righteous fall.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

that is wishful thinking Leopard, which side has gone to war without  “god” on theirs?

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

I do try to understand the reasons for all the mess we are in right now and we are slowly drowning in but I don’t ponder it too much or even care about it anymore.

I’ve long held the belief that I was being saved for something important.. There’s been too many times I should have been dead, but I’m still here. I try to understand the mess we’re in because, if I’m going to be around after it all comes down, then I’m gonna have a say in how what we’re building is constructed. Try to prevent this from happening again, if we can… and if I’m not around, then it is my responsibility to teach those younger than me about this mess and how it got this way, so that they can rebuild properly…

I have no more faith in governments, corporations and most authorities.The whole system in its current form is not sustainable, whoever runs it. So this part is like a closed chapter for me.

Me either, brother… I loathe our government and have nothing but scorn and disdain for the ‘authorities’… running an unsustainable system so that a select few can stay in power and/or get breath-takingly rich is obscene. We only matter every 4 years or so, when it comes time to put the same sociopaths back into power. Other than that, they don’t give a **** about us… unless we actually realize that it is we who hold the power. More of us than there are of them, and we’re armed to the teeth… then TPTB will panic and try to slam the boot down on our throats, but it will be too late..

Maybe this is a bit like a person with a terminal disease that has come to terms with it. I try to use the “good” time we still have as much as possible to get ready for whatever happens. Even if nothing happens, I will have learned more skills that I enjoy and value for what they are.

5 stages of grief? The Kübler-Ross model? Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance… not a bad comparison, Jay…

I’ve accepted that Very Bad Things are heading this way, but along with that comes a deep sense of betrayal and sadness, both of which have ignited a fury in my heart. Thousands of good men have laid down their lives in the name of the Republic, and for what? So that these evil pieces of crap can exploit the system, become shatteringly rich and rule us all with an iron bootheel on our throats?

All empires die, sooner or later… we’ve had a good run, but I think our star is setting. Perhaps we can save the best of what we were and use that to build a better place….

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

that is wishful thinking Leopard, which side has gone to war without “god” on theirs?

Off the top of my head? The Soviets…

Leopard,

Funny story was making the rounds awhile back…

A Marine, just back from fighting in Afghanistan, decided to attend his local University.
    On his first day of class, his Professor, a notorious atheist, said he would prove God didn’t exist.
    He stood in front of his class and said “God? If you’re there, strike me down in the next 15 minutes.”
    His class waited patiently with him. 5 minutes goes by. Professor is still standing there with a smirk on his face. 10 minutes goes by. Professor is still there with that same smirk..

Time was closing in on the 15 minute deadline. With less than a minute left, the Marine gets up and walks to the front of the class and up to the Professor. The Professor just looks at him. The Marine, with no warning at all, cold cocks the Professor, knocking him clean out. The Marine returns to his seat, leaving the Professor laying there.

The Professor eventually wakes up and looks at the Marine. “Why did you do that?!?” he yells.

The Marine calmly replied “God’s awful busy. So he sent me.”

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

: ) Hehe Very good, Malgus. The Almighty God belongs to all the nations. And everybody need to decide for himself why he is hurting or killing another. For the money the government is paying him to do it? There is a time for everything. And so many things we do not understand. There’s a lot of good people and really bad people in every nation on our planet.

If you look at all the signs around you. The people begging for money on every street corner. The eyes of your employees if they ask to work more shifts.
    When people know they are doing things the wrong way, You try to explain it – you try to stop it – are then you get really cross and angry You simply pick up the Bible and so many places it will show you That He understands how you are feeling. Still no harm in thinking I’m a bird and to see myself flying high up in the sky to a beautiful peaceful place (… with maybe no humans)

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Malgus, there’s no stopping any SHTF situation.

There’s a line from a cowboy movie I have taken to heart. One character turns to another and asks how he is doing. The reply, better since I gave up hope.

One can hope and pray but if its going to happen, its going to happen, regardless of our desires.

What we can do is try to mitigate and contain the personal damage. After that, its doen to luck and location.

Me, I have no faith or trust in our elected leaders. I have given up on them, I feel much better now.

I gave up on much of the mainstream media, the repititious bs that is pandered as news.  Now, I don’t watch much news, I have a few sources, but even them I don’t monitor like a hawk. I feel much hetter now.

If SHTF dramaticaly, I won’t need the news to know about it.  If it isn’t dramatic,  I can deal with it at a normal pace.

Slow economic grind? I have time. Red Dawn scenario?  Highly unlikely so I’m not going to worry about it.

Lone Eagle
    Lone Eagle
    Prepper
    member3

Some situations you can prepare for, others you can only accept your fate. I went through the same struggle after I lost everything but my wife and kids to hard times. I lost it all, but was still breathing. I rebuilt. I adapted. I overcame.

In a total breakdown of society, accepting your mortality does help. Some situations can be resolved, but there will come a time you face an adversary who will defeat you.

Never challenge a man who has nothing left to lose.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

even the old soviet system had orthodox christian priests, the Chinese officially dont but they worship ancestors. Look at Putin an orthodox christian.

My grandfather used to say  man proposes god disposes.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

even the old soviet system had orthodox christian priests, the Chinese officially dont but they worship ancestors. Look at Putin an orthodox christian. My grandfather used to say man proposes god disposes. — namelus

You said “that is wishful thinking Leopard, which side has gone to war without “god” on theirs?”. The implication being that 1) you don’t believe in “god” and 2) the hypocrisy of two sides going to war, each having “god” on their side and the direct question of which nation went to war without “god” on their side.

I said the Soviets. The Communists did their level best to destroy religion of any kind in society at large, and I’m reasonably sure that they didn’t allow it in their military, hence the presence of political officers.

You replied with something about “the old soviet system” and then started talking about the Chinese and, for some reason, Putin. None of which had anything to do with your original question or my answer. I won’t entertain speculation about something as nebulous as “the system” when your original question was very specific.

I answered it. To the best of my knowledge, it is factual. It’s up to you to disprove me, since my answer disproves you.

Now… you were saying?

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

@ Whirlibird, Eagle

I don’t watch much news. Just enough to see whether there are any signals of impending collapse, like the stock market doing weird things, food lines, bank runs, etc.. we’re far enough away from anyone that I don’t really have to worry about the short term. We have stocks of food, ammo, some meds, water, silver, some worthless fiat currency, etc.. I just like to keep abreast of things. But mixed in with what I’m looking for are often stories that really get under my skin… police abuses, crony judges destroying what little we got left, the relentless march of the Free **** Army, the sodomites, our modern Visigoths, the inner city “yoofs” targeting white people, and the super-wealthy doing whatever they want and getting away with it – especially the banksters and their former employees in positions of power in the Government…

It’s just infuriating. Perhaps I should just go get a beer and some popcorn and enjoy watching the End of Western Civilization… best action movie ever, I bet…

It’s just the betrayal, ya know? I believed, really, really believed in the ideals set down by the Founders. Believed in the Republic. That the US was the light. Only once in 6,000 years of human history has anything like the US ever existed, and when we go down, we’re going to take everyone else with us. And I spent a significant portion of my adult life doing the bidding of the Republic and all that that includes…

And now? Now, I feel played for a fool. That it was all for nothing. Not because of the original intent of the Framers or the Constitution, but because of the actions of evil men who have warped the system – bent it to their will. I was sold a bill of goods, used, and the pieces of **** who used me and thousands of guys just like me? Those guys get gold-plated retirements and are breath-takingly wealthy. They get off scott free. That ain’t right. That ain’t justice.

And it chafes. Burns me to the bone. And I feel that old, cold fury rising again…

I heard once that the definition of “Stress” was the feeling of not being able to choke the **** out of some ******* who deserves it… Yeah, it’s something like that.

@ Eagle

In a total breakdown of society, accepting your mortality does help. Some situations can be resolved, but there will come a time you face an adversary who will defeat you.

The secret of life is “it ends”. Brother, after what I’ve been through in my life, I feel like I’m living in the Bonus Round. Death is sort of an old friend by now… I’m not afraid of dying. I’m afraid of not dying well. The only thing I’ve asked for is that my son survive the evil that’s coming and that when the time comes, that I am allowed to die well. I know it will happen, but I’m praying that my enemies, even though they hate me, will still write of me with grudging respect.

I still have my ancestors to face… how can I go before them and explain that I did not fight teeth and claws, to the last breath? That I didn’t sell myself dearly?

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Yup, they had their way with us, and continue to do so.
    It would be nice to see them get theirs, but I ain’t holding my breath for it to happen.

There are things I can control, and things I can’t.
    I don’t let the things I can’t control eat me up anymore.
    For too long, I lost sleep over things that I had no control over.
    Now, I don’t.

Save your anger for when it counts.
    Then use it to your advantage.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Malgus you are a patriot to the core. Who knows how long it will be before evil rears its ugly head for all to see. We all hope for that day to be when we are able to fight it face to face but we have no control over that. Whirli is right don’t worry about things you can’t control. One thing you can do is share and teach your convictions to your son. If evil out waits you at least you leave a pice of yourself with your son so he can carry the torch when the time comes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.