Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Blaze
    Blaze
    Survivalist
    member1

Hello. I’m Blaze, 33, from coastal NC. I have gotten interested interested in being prepared and being more self sufficient fairly recently. I just believe it makes a tremendous amount of sense to be capable of providing for and taking care of one’s own family. I don’t know that I’m preparing for any specific scenario. I’m just trying to build up a baseline level now while I try to think critically through potential issues. I will say that I am probably the most liberal person I’ve seen on any of these boards so I tend to be drawn more towards informative pieces vs planning for a FEMA invasion.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Hi Blaze, Glad to have you here. Don’t be put of by conflicting political views. There is a wealth on knowledge here and some ideas might bend your thinking.

Profile photo of Blaze
    Blaze
    Survivalist
    member1

74, I love new ideas. The only problem I have with the political side is people like to tell me what I think instead of asking me. One of the worst things we can do is underestimate others.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Ha well no one here will presume to tell you what you think. ..but they might tell what they think about what you think. For the most part everyone is polite.

Profile photo of Blaze
    Blaze
    Survivalist
    member1

Thanks. I’m sure I’ll enjoy myself here

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Blaze, liberal or conservative, doesn’t hurt to be ready for the next time your lights go out. In NC I also imagine being ready for results of a bad off shore storm would also be handy.
    Welcome
    Robin

Profile photo of Blaze
    Blaze
    Survivalist
    member1

That’s how I see it, robin. Everybody benefits from knowledge. We do deal with hurricanes, that’s for sure

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Blaze, I think it will be a good thing for someone on the more liberal side of the fence to be offering perspectives on preparedness issues. It seems that virtually all preppers are on the conservative side, or at least they’re the ones that dominate prepper/survivalist forums. I would love for preparedness to be just a smart practical way of life for people of all political persuasions. Being more on the libertarian side of things, I find myself sometimes agreeing with conservatives and sometimes liberals depending upon the issue.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.
    Keep an open mind, it’s a great group here, in part because of the varied viewpoints.

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Blaze. When SHTF it won’t care if we are Liberal, Conservitive, or whatever. SHTF will treat us all the same. Ron S

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Hello Blaze and welcome here, I am sure you ll find lot of good info here.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Hello and welcome.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of Blaze
    Blaze
    Survivalist
    member1

Thanks everybody

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Hey Blaze – welcome aboard. Look forward to your input!

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.