Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

I can see a possibility in which the state will terminate people’s rights if they won’t comply in obedience to the state.

I can see libertarians, preppers, survivalists, and anyone opposed to living in slavery, refusing to obey, and ending up being persecuted and having their rights and goods robbed from them.

I would expect to see a black market arise in such a situation. Now, I don’t have a problem with this. If the government makes outlaws of people it doesn’t like, then as an outlaw I have no obligation to obey such a corrupt system.

Does anyone here have any experience of living in a black market environment? What things are good to know about it, and what to watch out for, and how does it work? I wouldn’t have a clue how to get started in it if I needed to.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Good topic!
    Black market is something that is gonna arise as the situation going down, and one thing is for sure: it will exist no matter how hard situation is.
    I was living for some time in conditions that looked like some weird movie, but black market was there in one or another form.
    So it will be there.
    Only few rules (there are many):

• no rules!
    • very often you need to look like you do not want thing in order to get it
    • everything is for sale, everything
    • everything is negotiable
    • it is not like in movies
    • if you are smart (can “predict” what is coming) you can do very good
    • watch out for way too good deals (I mean stay out of it)
    • deal is always just one step from robbery (and death)
    Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

Black market already exist due to rampant government taxes and laws that make certain things illegal. Most just never touch it unless they are involved or need to get items. currently the three biggest black markets are for illicit drugs, next is prostitution, then comes gambling and guns, you sat wait all those are illegal not a tax thing… there is trade for slaves there is trade for organs. There is trade for chemicals mostly precursors for drugs but some are for other things such as explosives. Any of you who live in port areas make sure you know the tax exempt area… inside 100% for sure are military containers full of just in case goods.. Now many places you can pay for cash for items such as clothes, food, many ethic communities have such places.

Chop shop cars get sold, passport traded, drivers license paid for , scrap metal bought and sold, air line points traded. you name it it is there, if you are going to bug in you should know some people and the places and markings used to id places that have this trade. Will be infinitely useful later. Hence know your local thugs and criminals. In china town you can get brand name electronics 50% off and they have 100+ inch plasma tvs

There are groups who target the docks organized crime whole containers leave and the insurance pays no one says anything and never any video evidence.

there is a barter web site in my local city where you can trade work for work….technically illegal because no taxes. We have people who now pay in silver currency $5 dollar coins at going rate of $20 you pay only in face value a amount totaled by actual value and pay the tax in fiat currency from the coin face value.

And i do live in north America

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Knowing thugs and criminals means they also know you. It’s a double edged sword that requires careful consideration. There are criminals that you absolutely do not want to be in their presence because of their psychopathic behavior. You need to be prepared to be tested and accept a challenge at every meeting. As Selco stated every deal is one step from death, or some form of violence. These people will not be your friends that can be trusted.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

74 this is different how from any other cut throat business? If you dont know who they are you will make a mistake when you are desperate to get an item, wrong person to contact and each contact they make for you cost you more $$ cause everyone wants a cut. Think retail vs wholesale vs manufacturer or importer, which level do you want to buy from? It was not asking you to hang out with them but to know them, if you have limited interaction ie buying items from them at least you are not an unknown and you have practice with interactions such as these which are common place in a collapsed society.

Yes they do know you you think they have time to check you out? watch you like on tv? you are kidding right? You are also thinking street thug… not right guy… the right guy will have a good business, as a cover will be respected member of community..will just have thugs hang around occasionally at his place… know anyone like that? He will be the boss man older guy mid 40 to later 50 with younger “crew” to do the work.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Namelus, it is different because you will not be dealing with business men. Your neighborhood pot dealer might be a nice guy or even the local fence, but our prisons & mental health hospitals are filled with criminal psychopaths. When you go to a place where criminals frequent you don’t know who will walk in the door. This is not TV, this a been there done that, saw that movie already.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

You are dealing with pure business men no regulation nothing but open market the truest form of capitalism… they deal without regulation only on a market that is totally consumer and profit driven.

I can agree to disagree with you 74, i just know from past to ignore such contacts and cultivate understanding will be a disadvantage for you when there is no government. I have lived through collapse more than once, thank god i always had a place to run back to but still needed to leave, without help from such contacts i would be worm food a long time ago.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Remember prohibition ? all it did was create criminal empires , and people still found a way to get what they wanted .

Profile photo of ronym
    ronym
    Survivalist
    member5

actually “black market” term are different name for “un official” market
    it can be local market, little business store, bazaar or any sell and buy activity in some place
    the difference between them ( official vs un official ) are about TAX
    in black market each “party” are not paying any taxes ( even reporting it )
    maybe the term of “black market” we are talking now are a little bit different
    we are talking about black market in SHTF situation
    or in war zone
    or in any abnormal situation
    soo the definition by Selco are match for SHTF or war zone situation

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Agree.
    Black market or “unofficial” market exist even today, almost everywhere.
    Here i buy almost 90 % of my stuff on that way.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.