Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I love it !!!!!! I would love to see gun sales to the public go up so high , that manufacturers have a hard time keeping up demand .

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I think one of the comments to one of those articles sums it up best:

“It looks to me that people actually listened to the whitehouse and had that family discussion on thanksgiving about gun violence.”

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I read that there have been 220 million background checks since 1998. If that is the case there surely must be a lot more than 300 million firearms out there, that being an often quoted figure.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

there surely must be a lot more than 300 million firearms out there

One would certainly hope so!

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, Yes I saw the same thing. The numbers do not add up. 220 million background checks since 1998 means that they do not have the numbers for Bill Clinton time which was also big. Also the 220 million number doesn’t count how many guns were sold as many buy more then one gun at a time.

The way I see it the number in more like 500 million guns or more. This is why O goes crazy talking about gun control. They know the number are up there in the 500 million or more.

Another thing is they do not have any stats on how much ammo has sold!!!

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Free: I think 500 million is a pretty accurate guess. I suspect there are very few gun owners that have just one firearm. My estimation is based on the following:

1. Pistol for husband
    2. Pistol for wife
    3. Shotgun
    4. Deer rifle
    5. Plinker .22 especially if kids in household.

I also wonder how many pellet guns are out there. I’ve never seen an estimate on those. Anyone have a guess?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Roadracer, the pellet guns have sold so many and there is no background checks on them so who knows, the same goes for bow and crossbows. The numbers maybe crazy.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Don’t forget us Grandfathers! Not only do we own guns for our self but kids, grandkids and maybe great grandkids. I have several 410’s and 22’s for plinking when the grandkids are here.
    Robin

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Better be careful, Robin. In the media, that would be described as a “weapons cache” or “arsenal” or some such language, particularly if you had enough rounds to supply a good day’s shooting at the range or out in the back 40 if you’ve got significant acreage. I’m always amazed when I see “news” stories in which “authorities found a large arsenal of weapons and ammunition,” and they show a short video or photo that has perhaps an AR-15, a shotgun, a deer rifle, a couple of handguns or so, and enough ammunition to take care of many trips to the range without having to be constantly buying more ammo (plus enough to stock up due to expected higher prices). A few thousand rounds on the “news” is made to sound like somebody’s ready to mow down all the kids in three large school buildings, and then all the employees in the local government buildings. Those that aren’t gun owners, or those that just have a little .32 with a box of “shells” can’t comprehend why a normal, non-violent person might have more than 50-100 rounds of ammunition in the house. Anything with four digits is made to sound downright scary. And multiple weapons – particularly more than one of each type? Oh, you MUST be fixin’ to go commit an unthinkable crime! LOL! Just think how your “arsenal” would be displayed on TV – they wouldn’t describe them as “.22s for plinking,” or 410s, but “multiple rifles and multiple shotguns, with large quantities of ammunition.” Simply amazing…. (But good for you ANYWAY!) :)

GS

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

GS, a few years ago in Massachusetts some guy was arrested and they used the word arsenal very heavily on account he has something like 3 guns and 500 rounds of ammo. I was just watching CNN where they described an AR15 as something you see the police and military with. No mention that millions of ordinary people have them too.

At this point there is something like a 100% chance that this was Islamic terrorism and the media is begrudgingly offering that it is possible terrorism or that it can’t be ruled out. The word Islamic is being left out of the dialog though.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Exactly, MB. I find that predictably curious too. (More “workplace violence” about to be declared?) But I also note the MASSIVE inundation this morning on the TV (ALL networks) of “gun violence” and “gun laws” and “Congress’ inaction,” and the “powerful NRA,” ad nauseam. The only thing that is certain is that whatever it is, Rahm Emanuel is on top of it! “Never let a good crisis go to waste.” Another “perfect” (as THEY see it) opportunity to advance their agenda. They just leave out the inconvenient ones, like the whole city of Chicago, or the New Orleans park shootings, because that’s a different agenda, and they KNOW that no amount of gun laws will stop those anyway – any more than Australia stopped the crazy from murdering an apparently random police employee a month or so ago. So we won’t highlight anything pertaining to one particular race if it would hurt THAT agenda – we’ll just wait for any other opportunity to push the other agenda: “gun laws!

And if this is Islamic terrorism, we can still all watch it be minimized in favor of “GUN LAWS!!!” (Thank you, Major Hasan and your good buddy – your Commander in Chief.)

Frankly, my impossible fantasy (and I’m hangin’ on to it!) is to see the tide shift and make almost all of these point to just one theme too – just not the current one. My ideal theme is Barack Hussein Obama, his handlers, and all his teammates in Congress, because in a sense, it doesn’t matter whether it’s black gang related in Chicago or New Orleans, Islamic terrorism, or even if some right wing stuff starts popping up (I’m actually surprised, but relieved, that it hasn’t) – prosecute those, but focus on a “leader” that is stoking hatred and violence, and undermining what used to be a constitutional republic. Yeah, I know – fat chance. The media would never allow such a focus. And I’ll continue to have my sweet but unrealized dreams none the less, while some here take a shot at me for an out of context statement about somebody’s name. (Yeah, I’m p____d about that!)

GS

Profile photo of Precious_Roy
    Precious_Roy
    Survivalist
    member2

Fat chance in the US maybe. There is a rumor going around that the Russians have a warrant out for one of the leaders and that all his groups/activities have been banned there as a threat to national security. Now if they would just have spetsnaz go “extract” him.

Frankly, my impossible fantasy (and I’m hangin’ on to it!) is to see the tide shift and make almost all of these point to just one theme too – just not the current one. My ideal theme is Barack Hussein Obama, his handlers, and all his teammates in Congress, because in a sense, it doesn’t matter whether it’s black gang related in Chicago or New Orleans, Islamic terrorism, or even if some right wing stuff starts popping up (I’m actually surprised, but relieved, that it hasn’t) – prosecute those, but focus on a “leader” that is stoking hatred and violence, and undermining what used to be a constitutional republic. Yeah, I know – fat chance. The media would never allow such a focus. And I’ll continue to have my sweet but unrealized dreams none the less, while some here take a shot at me for an out of context statement about somebody’s name. (Yeah, I’m p____d about that!)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.