Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I’ll say why in a moment, but for those still in their reproductive years, and especially if you have teenagers or young adults that might be sheltering with you, you might think about setting aside some birth control in your preps. As for why this occurs to me, there is a baseball field on the far end of my property. The local league uses it during the season and at other times folks will stop by to throw balls or practice hitting. Folks also stop there to use cell phones on account coverage is spotty around here and phones seem to work at that spot. And of late there is young love at play down there inside the backstop, a couple kids I’d guess are 15 being they don’t drive yet. Not sure if they think the backstop affords privacy but the fact that I’m writing this tells you it does not. So, something more to think about in case you haven’t already.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

True…if things are really bad you don’t want a helpless baby coming into the middle of such a scenario. Or for that matter, a woman dealing with pregnancy for nine months prior. There will be a host of other things demanding time and attention just to make it through…

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Good advice.

Those products have other uses as well.

Like how feminine hygiene products work well in plugging bullet holes…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

for the first few months or 6 people will be too busy just trying to stay alive, getting pregnant or even trying to will be a low priority.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

In war, just think about how many babies are conceived from occupying soldiers – regardless of which war it is. Sex is a very high stress reliever for the male of the species. Don’t count out a large number of pregnancies. Prostitution flourishes in wartime! If wives and girlfriends are “available,” it simply makes it all the “easier.” I am NOT endorsing that from a moral position, just reflecting what has historically been reality on a very large scale.

Regardless of whether someone wants to attach religious significance to this or not, the warning could not seem much more relevant today:

(Matthew 24)
    17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
    18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
    19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
    20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter … :
    21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

yes I would agree with you in a war situation, rape is a favourite tactic of both Russian and African campaigns. I was think more of a societal collapse scenario. especially one where a lot of the population had been killed by starvation and disease.

British Survivalist.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of lonewolf lonewolf.
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

lonewolf, nobody will be trying to get pregnant come SHTF, but I doubt young folks with raging hormones are going to choose abstinence either. During such a period the risks of pregnancy and childbirth would be very high. The little cemetery in my neighborhood has lots of young women in their teens and 20’s and many babies from back in the 1700’s and 1800’s.

lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

those youngsters better not be conceiving when some enemy is creeping up behind them, those “raging hormones” will get them killed for sure.

British Survivalist.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.