Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

These spy-flyers could get a much longer range with the second battery bank and an energy recovery circuit.
    (ERC)

2 full batteries, double range.

Battery A goes dead (not flat, just discharged to mfg’s specs)
    B kicks in with a relay
    ERC charges A while B flies the critter
    B runs down, A kicks in
    ERC charges B while A flies the drone
    and so on, until the charge system senses a lower charging level, and signals the pilot to return to base.

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

If you knew at what frequency they use to be controlled/stream video and stuff, you could in theory build a jammer that would effectively make an area a “no-drone-zone”. Obviously that’s the geek me talking, but it’ll continue to work for you when you’re not there to shoot em down.

A quick google search of “what radio frequency do drones use” actually brought up several links on jammers for them, which is pretty ironic. Seems like it might be something we’ll be looking into a bit more in the coming future.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Underground those numbers I gave are just for you average commercially available drones in the 4-600 dollar range not including camera equipment. There are a lot of people building their own that are bigger and more capable. Look up animal rights drone shot down by pigeon hunters. That machine is like 4k and is much more capable.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>matt76 wrote:</div>It is a privacy nightmare. There have been several animal rights drones shot down while harassing hunters.

What kind of genius is going to harass a trained hunter while he is armed????????
    :D lmao!
    stupid stupid “regressive Lib-Tards”=”RE-Tards”

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Mr Red – wow – I love that idea of jamming them. Will readup. Makes me feel better…the idea one could be more proactive about this.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Lol yeah one article I read quoted the hunter as saying send more drones we need more target practice. The batteries used in these units are a little tempermental. They take about 45 mins to charge and don’t take kindly to having a lot of juice poured to them. The ERC you are talking about is a great idea but I think the weight and additional batteries needed to accommodate the 45 min charge time would cause a vicious cycle of to much weight not enough power.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

The transmitters operate at 5.8Ghz for the cameras. Many of the drones operate at 2.4 Ghz. Some swap the frequencis around like 5.8 for the drone and 2.4 for the camera but if you jammed both freqs you would take care of the problem either way. There may be more to it as we are begining to get beyond my scope of knowledge but it would be worth researching.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>matt76 wrote:</div>Lol yeah one article I read quoted the hunter as saying send more drones we need more target practice. The batteries used in these units are a little tempermental. They take about 45 mins to charge and don’t take kindly to having a lot of juice poured to them. The ERC you are talking about is a great idea but I think the weight and additional batteries needed to accommodate the 45 min charge time would cause a vicious cycle of to much weight not enough power.

The ERC would be a very light circuit, less than another battery, including relay(s)
    Why not try that if one is already using 2 banks of batteries?
    It would take some R&D, no doubt, and it is not “ready for prime time”…

But just in the ready application that I have knowledge of, it could easily be adapted to charge the primary bank back up to an acceptable level for a return home quick flight. Well worth it as far as an emergency reserve. It is based on “free energy” and “overunity” circuits.

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Hmmmmm. Now the wheels are starting to turn. There has to be a way to do it since google has a drone that can stay airborne for 3-5 years.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Congratulations tweva on dealing with the drones! I find the whole concept of drones whirling around spying on people pretty creepy. I’ve never seen one and hope I don;t.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Prolly uses Solar to charge, the g00gL3 Droid-drones :D

But ERC could be a part of the systems

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Yes they do use solar and I would imagine they are some type of glider design or flying wing as well. From what I have read they are supposed to be used to provide internet to remote areas. I’m guessing but it probably is a group of gliders that fly a rotational pattern. Glide while charging, drop below a certain altitude and power up and fly back into formation.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Tweva I have been thinking about the whole jamming idea all day. The problem I see with it is that the drone has to be within range of the jammer for it to work and to creat a jamming “field” over your whole property would probably get pretty expensive. Then if it was at a high enough altitude it would still be out of range and could still see your property. Then there is the interference issue. The FCC regulates interference pretty closely. There are other things that run on those frequencies and if you start interfering with them the FCC will pay you a visit. One of the cell phone towers I manage had tenant on it that was interfering with the radar at an airport. All of the tenants on the tower and I had to meet the FCC rep on site. When the offender was pin pointed they had to turn their equipment off and reconfigure there system. Once they fixed the issue the FCC rep told them if it happened again there would be a huge fine. They may not be quite so lenient on an individual. The offending tenant was a major cell phone provider. I think your anti dronecraft gun might be a cheaper and funner option.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hmmm, again thanks – hadn’t thought of that. Thanks Matt

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Did some studying this morning and the jammers are not illegal to make or build but they are highly illegal to use, so you would get slammed by the FCC if you got caught. Not that it would matter in SHTF but for everyday use you would eventually get caught and would not receive any leniency. There is also the RF radiation. Anything animal or human that is too close to the antennae will get radiated. RF radiation attacks soft tissue first, eyes and male reproductive organs. At close range the RF cooks and prolonged exposure at a distance causes cancer. Lower power reduces the effects but also reduces range. Now you could possibly build an antenna that shoots the signal out in a beam instead of radiating in all directions but then you would have to have it aimed at the drone thus negating its use when you were not home.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.