Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Camera

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Battery

Attachments:
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

matt

That’s a HeroCam. They’re TINY. I have one. One memory chip holds 64 Gig of data and films in several different modes… hi def, lo def, fish eye wide view, slow motion, all sorts of stuff…

They’re neat toys, but I don’t want one flying over my digs…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

tweva keep shooting them down! your shotgun ammo is cheap compared to the cost of though drones.

In the cities they are using them for almost everything and people are getting bad as hell.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Matt! Thanks for the info vm! That ‘otherdrone’ is more, more rounded, minus the stripes.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Freedom I can’t imagine what this new ‘sport’ is like in a city or large suburb – how intensely irritating – especially if you can’t discharge a firearm to nail it. I won’t be surprised when we start seeing more news stories about neighborhood feuds and crimes because of these darn things. And Amazon wants to deliver packages this way? Wonder how many of their millions are going to go into legislators pockets to make it illegal to shoot them down. Hmmm…what to do then?

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Oh I agree totally Mal. It would be very unnerving to feel like someone is watching you. They are trying to put some regulations on them but lobbyists for big business are involved. They can’t regulate it too heavily or Google and Amazon won’t be able to move forward with their plans. Some areas have put altitude restrictions in place but I mean if an enforcement officer doesn’t see it who’s going to stop them. When I flew mine I stayed on my property but the higher I went the more I could see. Not sure how they will fix the issue. To me it’s kind of like unspoken country rules about dogs. If you don’t keep your dog on a leash or contained and he goes in someone else’s yard, well you get what you get. It may make you mad to lose a dog but hey keep him at home. I can say for sure if someone else’s drone flies over my house it will not be returning home.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Matt is there a way that you know of to tell with binoculars if the thing is being operated with a transceiver, i.e. that the operator sees what the drone is seeing as he operates it?

I read a story somewhere recently about people in NYK in highrises finding drones hovering outside their big plate glass windows many stories up filming. Man what a hornets nest of bad stuff these things could stir up. I appreciate the tech and can see uses in shtf definitely…but like a Pandoras box.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Ther are ways to tell but it would be difficult to see. There will usually be an external antenna with a wire going to the camera. I will see if I can find a pic.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Here are 2 different brands of transmitters. They would most likely be strapped or glued to the outside of the drone as they are not stock equipment at this time.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

The other. This actually comes with a camera too. This type does not record on board. They would have to have a recording device on the ground in order to save the video. These type are more commonly used just for FPV (Flying Point of View). It’s just so they can see where they are going when the drone gets out of line of site.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Thanks Matt you saved me lots of googling and reading

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tweva it is happening here were there being used to see people in there pools and back yards. They are also being used by criminals. You are right we have it harder since in the cities we can’t shoot them down.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>matt76 wrote:</div>Tweva as I said before I used to have one of these. I am going to post some pictures of common components so you will have a better idea of what to look for. As far as them getting pictures/video, unless they had a transmitter on the drone all media will still be in the camera. If you find the camera you will have the pics. The camera may have been in a waterproof case, so if it wasn’t damaged when you shot it down, even though it landed in the pond it may still be in good working order. Flight time on standard R/C batteries is 8-12 minutes unless they had 2 batteries in which case it would multiply the time. Most hobby level drones come with one battery. They have to modify it to carry more. With some tweaking they can fly about 1/2 mile from the remote but most people will not fly them that far without a live video feed back to the pilot because the lose visual contact and can’t tell which direction they are flying. Given the altitude you observed it at the pilot was most likely within a few hundred yards.

Very Nice, MATT!

Now I do not have to ping my son or do the research ;)
    This is what I was looking for

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

It is a privacy nightmare. There have been several animal rights drones shot down while harassing hunters.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.