Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Community alert system worked great today. ‘Watch, listen’…vs ‘Watch, look’ or ‘Watch, beware’. ….Using scythe to cut experimental rice patch when receivedralert. Stopped. Listened. Sounded normal..then….hummm like weedwacking nearnu….quickly,
    Like a buzz off hornets nest.zzzzzxxxx. That’s when I looked up n around…out hear 60miles from a ‘city’…30 minutes from town of 8k. Bingo, 2 white drones (quadroped types). Long story short…bingo. Experience the reality of something hovering over yr property in broad daylighti with God knows cameras scoping you and property out? Not a good reaction. Quick atv ride under cover 2 closest run-in providing shadows….my 50 out of 50 skeet rein stands. Happen to me… watch, listen…def gonna happen 2u.Still shocked/angry. Goodnite all.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

That really happen to you? Two drones in your area? That is not good if true.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Sounds like one of these. Many people are buying them now. I had one until it malfunctioned and flew away. Probably a neighbor kid playing with a new toy.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Very similar Matt…I dont care if someone wants to fly one over their own property or over public lands….over mine….no! Felt like place was being cased out for robbery or something. Enough tack, cattle and equipment thieves around as it is. These were flyingonly about 60 ft up.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tweva, Did you recover the broken bird? Maybe it has a memory card to check out.

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

self deleted.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Technically, you could still be a virgin, cuz it does not count if you are “violated”???
    Maybe not ;)

Seriously, did you get them both or did one escape?

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Damn drones…

First American to shoot down a damn drone will be the biggest hero since G.I. Joe…

Don’t know why I hate them stinkin’ things. Just do. Probably the anonymity/spying thing… I should have the right to walk around doing my daily business without a toy helicopter with a HeroCam bolted onto it filming my every move…

One flies over the Doomstead, it’s going DOWN! I’ll burn it on a funeral pyre and dance around it naked…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Underground – oh I felt violated believe me! Same with the jerk I described some months ago that was ‘buzzing’/flying extremely low, people’s places in his private plane we had a few words with…..usually just before dusk.

74 – I got both but one fell into the big pond. I’ll see if I can find a card when I look for any pieces in the field.

Malgus – don’t think there would be much of one of these small things left to burn – but hey it’s your property so do the naked dance…make yourself feel better when time comes.

Am still torqued about it…why I don’t know…bigger things to think about – but nonetheless…I wish I knew the distance (max) the things could be flow – cause there aren’t any ‘kids’ immediately around me. I wanna find the ‘big’ kids that owned them and have a few words.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Glad you caught my humor Tweva! I’d hate to antagonize the Queen of SHTF :D

If you do down one, examine the batteries and we can estimate the maximum flight radius so you can track the ba$tard$ that are annoying you ;)

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Underground – sorry…my sense of humor deserted me completely the last 10 days or so with my friends death….but I am better now. Thanks for putting up with me :) I’m not always so darn cranky and pissy…..well except maybe about the stupid drones too. haha!

I’ll be going to look for any pieces of the one that didn’t land in the pond shortly. Will look for batteries. Grass is tall though – we’ll see.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

lol, “the pond” landing will eventually burn/blow/explode when the water reaches the lithium!

You are fine, Tweva!
    I just meant that since I do not know you very well, yet.
    I am an acquired taste for most people, but that’s just me!

Sorry for your loss, my good lady…

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Tweva as I said before I used to have one of these. I am going to post some pictures of common components so you will have a better idea of what to look for. As far as them getting pictures/video, unless they had a transmitter on the drone all media will still be in the camera. If you find the camera you will have the pics. The camera may have been in a waterproof case, so if it wasn’t damaged when you shot it down, even though it landed in the pond it may still be in good working order. Flight time on standard R/C batteries is 8-12 minutes unless they had 2 batteries in which case it would multiply the time. Most hobby level drones come with one battery. They have to modify it to carry more. With some tweaking they can fly about 1/2 mile from the remote but most people will not fly them that far without a live video feed back to the pilot because the lose visual contact and can’t tell which direction they are flying. Given the altitude you observed it at the pilot was most likely within a few hundred yards.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Other common white drone

Attachments:
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Camera in waterproof case.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.