Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Have family with ranches in AZ – big damn problems now thanks to our President. Family says its really gotten worse now

What do you think will happen in this regard if SHTF in this country – say a ‘mere’ economic collapse. Will immigrants still come?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Right now yes. When SHTF no. tweva, right now it’s better here than in there counties. The world economy is not doing well and in Central & South America it is bad so they will still come here. I think this is the plan. By letting them in it will speed the time to a economic collapse which is the end game for them.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

From what I read and see I would get the hell out of any border area with Mexico. Once SHTF there won’t be any more or less refugees but A LOT MORE criminals raiding the US I guess.

Its disgusting how everything is done to stay in power and manipulate voters instead of serving voters and doing whats best for the country. So many politicians completely fail at their job. They completely rewrote their job description while they were at it.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Tweva – unfortunately I believe they will still come and probably in greater numbers. Not only more criminals like Jay said, but everyone because they know that we’d still be the best option if they can make it. In their eyes, we’ve already been conditioned to “give out” so much to the FSA (Free Sh!t Army) that it will become the gubmint’s job to take care of everyone and they’ll do it (which isn’t too far off – well, they’ll try). Especially since most countries are tied to the US dollar so our economic collapse will be felt by most.

Jay – absolutely spot on! I hope that all the politicians worldwide have the hottest corner of hell reserved for them. All but the very few who are true servants of the people who serve a couple tours, do the best they can and then bow out. For all the career turds who stay in just to empower themselves and step on the backs of the people I can only pray for karma to catch up sooner than later (and sometimes it’s worked).

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Yeah Novus, agree. The problem is that our political system is in a downwards spiral. Who wants to become a politician today? Few of the smart good guys want to join such a corrupt circle of people in which you have to go with the flow (the money flow) or you get kicked out of the gang.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Jay – Concur. Probably won’t happen unless/until the “reset” of a SHTF scenario. Even then it will be touch and go as there will be some of the status quo politicians that will survive and want to re-create the same thing, in addition to those who were lapdogs and wanted what they had also, but never had the chance. They’ll all be dangerous to let loose. Local organizations will need to know these bums by name/face so they can tar and feather them (literally) if needed as a lesson to the rest of them. Term Limits – need to keep repeating it, although I’m not holding my breath.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I think it will depend on how bad the shtf scenario is. Economic collapse would probably stop them from coming in here in Texas but the ones already here would not go home. If it were a civil war they would at least flee from war zones if they didn’t go home. I would guess you might see the first 50 to 100 miles North of our border over run by cartels and criminals trying to gain ground. If it is nothing worse than these two scenarios they will just keep coming unless we remove the free incentives to come. That is the only reason they are here anyway.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Russia had a great answer, scorched earth policy. Burn everything to the ground. After 25 miles of no food or drinkable water we will see who remains.

Robin

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

25 miles would not be enough. The terrain on the Texas border is already very rough and sparce. Water can be very hard to come by in the wilderness down there. Most of the illegals carry their own food and water anyway. They can also cover 25 miles in less than 2 days. That is not enough time to starve them out.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I personally do not think they will over run Texas. The all American are armed to the teeth there and in a SHTF it will be target shooting for them. Everyone of them has an AR so what do the immigrates have? Maybe some gang members will shoot back but in the end they will all go home.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think we will have race wars, because there are elements within each one that wants to war on others.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Yep Novus, its a bit too optimistic to think that after a collapse we have the chance to create a whole new world. There will be enough undesirable people who have survived as well.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

It’s funny, both sides blame each other for the problems on the border.
    And they’re both right in some respects.

The illegals do trash the place, cutting fences, stealing from farms. They expect to be taken care of if they get caught, and they are. They expect to be allowed to stay, thanks to Zero, and they are, including murderers.

The border residents, they are becoming more and more intolerant of the illegals, and with good right.
    And worse yet, they aren’t allowed to actually do anything thanks to Zero.

Race war? More a war on criminals.
    Will it get hot and nasty, it’s already there.
    People are expecting too much tolerance from the residents of the border.
    They’re done.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, I think in a SHTF the residents with no laws to stop them will start doing something. If immigrants start coming over in large amounts the residents will start the war there.

The immigrants do not have a change against the residents. Even if the immigrants are armed the residents are almost all hunters or just well with a rifle or gun. The immigrants are not every good with guns except at close range.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

It is really hard to say how US citizens on the Texas border will react. There is a large number of hispanic citizens that live there. Most are very peacful once you get out ofthe big cities. Illegals will not be your biggest concern in shtf it will be the cartels that try to move in and take over that will be the biggest threat. It will take an orginized force to stop them. They will just mow over 4 or 5 guys from a community with guns and that will be about all they have to kill in that community to take control. Fear does strange things to people.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.