Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tukie2
    tukie2
    Survivalist
    member3

I have mentioned I am into Naturopathic medicines…I saw a topic on another post about the fish Antibiotics…I wanted to put this out here about naturopathic medicines, which is the use of herbs and natural products. One of the guys on my FB groups calls it voodoo and he didn’t believe me that is was great until he had a cat that needed it. He is now a convert. I just wanted to post a couple of pictures here. The second pic is my dog, who cut her leg open inside the thigh. The wound was 8 inches long and had originally gloved the whole leg. The edges wouldn’t approximate because she kept licking at them so we had to be creative. I used a mixture I call swill….the first pic,, left to right, was 8 days after first application. The second pic was 24 hours. Total cost less than $5.00 for duct tape and nylons …the rest we grew in our yard.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

tukie, a question for you. What medicinal plants would you recommend having? I wouldn’t mind establishing a medicinal plant garden.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

That’s a lot of healing in 24 hours.

Profile photo of tukie2
    tukie2
    Survivalist
    member3

The one on the right was 24 hours…the one on the left was 8 days…sorry for the confusion…I listed the pics in order, but they switched…operator error. There is no scar, no hair loss , nothing to tell she tore it.

Profile photo of tukie2
    tukie2
    Survivalist
    member3

My personal top herbs for a garden….garlic, ginger, Lavender, Comfrey, Peppermint, Lemon Balm, Catnip, Chamomile, Raspberry, Nettles, Plantain, Mullein, Elderberry, Echinacea. Those cover just about everything. If you can get essential oils, I’d get Tea tree, Myrrh, Eucalyptus and Frankincense as well.
    The wound up top was healed with Raw Honey, Comfrey, and Olive oil. That’s it.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Post some mixtures and applications Tukie. Great info. For those of you with horses, most feed supplies sell caustic powders for controlling proud flesh. They are pretty expensive. About 90+ percent of the ingredients are hydrated lime. 1 8oz bottle caustic powder about 10 bucks. 50lb sack of lime about 6 bucks.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

I was going to take some horse medicine to a friends house today to treat their dogs. They’ve got a tail and foot that they are licking- think it is all the rain we have had. Got secondary infection. I’ve got the comfrey, raw honey and olive oil !
    My grandmother used to make cream from Comfrey leaves.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Hi, tukie2. How have you personally used frankincense?

I have almost completely gone over to homemade remedies in my household. I find ionic (colloidal) silver is very good for the whole range of infections: bacteria, virus and fungus. Actually, ionic silver gel has replaced antibiotic cream in my first aid kit. My second line of defend is Logul’s solution (iodine) which can also be used for emergency water treatment. Iodine is known for healing deep wounds from the inside out, so I reserve this treatment for deep wounds or wounds that don’t response to ionic silver.

I don’t tend to concern myself with speedy healing because I want the body to do its own thing. I do have a Calendula flower based salve for helping healing.

http://eatkamloops.org/healthy-household-salves-and-lip-balm/

Since you are talking about woo woo treatments, I have had a lot of success with homeopathic treatments with my children. My rational mind has no idea how homeopathic remedies could possibility work but experiments have proven my rational mind doesn’t know everything! (I do buy the homeopathic treatments but they are very inexpensive and have lasted our family a long time. I have never tried making the remedies at home though it is possible to make the less potent remedies.) If I get the remedy right my girls will fall into a deep sleep and be well, or much better in the morning. Strange…

Here’s my woo woo first aid kit!

http://eatkamloops.org/homemade-medical-kits/

Profile photo of tukie2
    tukie2
    Survivalist
    member3

Considering modern medicine is only the plant part that works in the homeopathic remedy, I find it fascinating that the doctors don’t trust homeopathic remedies…all they did was find the part that worked in a plant and synthesized it….that is where the side effects in modern meds come from. I have used Frankincense and myrrh interchangeably for wounds, skin infections…they are massively potent antibacterials. Before surgery after surgery etc. topically. I DON’T use EOs internally..many people say you can, but I won’t, there is too much controversy. I love Colloidal silver…I have a friend who makes it and sends me some. I make into a cream or ointment….also another one I wouldn’t use internally UNLESS death is imminent anyway, then maybe as a last ditch resort. That is only my opinion though.
    On the dogs, I’d use a diluted solution of Chamomile oil or tea, tea tree oil and lavender oil…that is great for rashes.

Profile photo of tukie2
    tukie2
    Survivalist
    member3

C that kit looks fantastic. I have not personally used some of it, but now I have to research. I would also add Maxi pads, Duct tape and plastic wrap to that list….Plastic wrap is AWESOME for short term support of gaping wounds…we used it on the dog initially the first couple of days to keep her from losing the bandages as it was on the inner thigh. You can’t leave it on long term because of the moisture retention and possible bacterial growth but it is fantastic for short term use.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thank you Tukie for the info.
    I am have seen garlic lavender and peppermint usage long time ago, and I know it works, looking forward for similar info.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

I’ve got a small bottle of pure tea tree in my hand bag permanently. So many things we can use to be healthy like cinnamon and turmeric. What do you think about tissue salts? My grandmother believes in Tissue Salts from Margaret Roberts http://www.naturefresh.co.za/salt.aspx

Profile photo of tukie2
    tukie2
    Survivalist
    member3

I haven’t done a lot with the salts…It’s a new realm, because it is so temperamental…too much and it will kill you, too little it will kill you as well…

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Tukie2, do you just grind up the frankincense or myrrh and put it directly on the wounds?

I’ve never used ionic silver internally either. I have a friend who used in internally for worms she picked up in South America. Personally, I would use diatomaceous earth for worms. I have used this remedy on livestock and our warehouse cat seasonally with good results.

http://eatkamloops.org/healthy-household-ionic-silver/

I have used essential oils internally but I know what you mean about controversy. I don’t do it anymore. If I use the EOs I cut them with olive oil or coconut oil and use them externally… But even this is an issue. Many EOs have endocrine disrupters, most with an estrogenic effect. :(

Tukie2, I just read about a natural, wound closure method. Damp, rose petals will dry and shrink, making a natural wound closure. Apparently, these petal closures are quite tough. (I haven’t tried this yet.)

Profile photo of tukie2
    tukie2
    Survivalist
    member3

Depends, I purchase Frankincense and myrrh in oil form. If you purchase it in dried herb form, you can make oils by putting it in olive oil and making your own. I use oils and dilute in more oil or water.. We use Wormwood for parasites. I love the idea of the Rose petals…never heard of that either….For internal issues raw garlic is a good step in the right direction. I am cautious about internal EOs. Raw honey, and garlic will help weed out internal infections, ginger as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.