Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Thanks GS, I’ll give it a try. No SAMs club here though, just a BJs. SAMs.com is it. Funny when we say organic it means what we grow it or pick it from the field or buy at the farmers market. The big urban stores are much better stocked but we have more garden to table. The only berries grown locally in quantity are blueberries. Cherries are only for a short period in the year unless they’re canned. I’m not real sure how much pesticide is used now because I’ve seen a lot grown under netting. Farming techniques are changing, for the better I hope.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

getting back on clothing thread. gilley suit ..$69.99 on sale gandermountain. i tkink it would actually make a pretty good sleeping bag or a survival bag. supposing youre in the woods and you need to build an improvised shelter. it would make you virtually invisible on the ground. people could walk close by and not even see you.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I don’t see one for $69.95, but there is a ghillie suit available in three colors on sale for $79.95 at:

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Guide-Series-Full-Body-Ghillie-Suit&i=763020

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Ghillie suit?
    What a horrid thought. During one class, I ended up wearing one for half the day. I lost 7 pounds despite drinking water constantly.
    What works well in the cool misty Scottish mountains is miserable in other places.

Most of the time, an appropriately colored shemagh or ‘snipers veil’ works perfectly.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Ghillie suit?
    What a horrid thought. During one class, I ended up wearing one for half the day. I lost 7 pounds despite drinking water constantly.
    What works well in the cool misty Scottish mountains is miserable in other places.

Most of the time, an appropriately colored shemagh or ‘snipers veil’ works perfectly.

I had to wear one quite often when I was AD. Even spent a full month in one on a JTF down around the CA/Mex border. That sucked.

Been going to build another one that is more of a stalking suit, but just have not gotten around to it yet.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

if building a ghillie http://mail.blockyourid.com/~gbpprorg/mil/thermal/index.html take this into consideration.one day one month are not that long…week long stalk years of service is usual service for a team that wears those.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I have found iron lace https://www.ironlace.com/ 3 years in work boots on a farm still same laces stronger then para cord.

Good recommendation , but if you want near forever , then go on ebay or other places , and pick up some 1/8 kevlar string , not as expensive as you might think .

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

if building a ghillie http://mail.blockyourid.com/~gbpprorg/mil/thermal/index.html take this into consideration.one day one month are not that long…week long stalk years of service is usual service for a team that wears those.

That’s really an amazing reference nameless. Amazon sells synthetic thread but to get up into ghost soldier status would be going into scientific contortions. I could always wear a Mylar bag under my gilley or look like a deer in the woods. A set of horns maybe?

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

You’re concerned about heat signature, you’ve already lost the fight. Wrong opponent, wrong methods.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

WB you can buy FLIR and THOR tech on the internet, When have you seen just plain video from drones and of course they would not use that here only in war situations… if you believe that well then no need to do anything the government will look after you.

being aware of what is out there and how to counter it is knowledge, Prepare while you can still get items and hope you dont have to use is like having gun+ bullets and dont go and get skills to use till you need them.

Wrong opponent who do you think the opponent is? In a breakdown do you think people with force multipliers like this will leave them because its not fair to use against you… just like they dont use in kinetic actions against insert the blank people.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Virtually anyone can buy thermal imaging equipment, I have no doubts that some of the wrong people have everything you don’t want them to have. Plus there is no question some of the people that society are told to trust will turn out not to be trustworthy.

Profile photo of Corvus
    Corvus
    Survivalist
    member4

Wigwam wool with liner built in a 15 buck socks get it at an army Surplus store. Also at a construction trades shop for work clothes found great socks at 7 bucks a pair loaded up on them — mostly a poly bend but cushy. Who wear MUCK boots? They are great for ice snow mud and slush and rain — that’s their name MUCK boots all sorts of designs well worth the money — There’s NO laces on them.

Profile photo of Corvus
    Corvus
    Survivalist
    member4

How often do you wear these boots and under what weather conditions? Always see if there are an extra one for sale if that boot is really good is my approach.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Corvus not many nice days left in 2016. This year I bought ice bug boots. Laces begone, these have Velcro closures and carbide studs on the bottom for ice. I had to buy rubber covers to cushion the studs or they click like studded snow tires. They tear up wood floors. But I’ve still got my gander mountain just below the knee muck boots for deep snow and Mickey Mouse boots for deep cold. Mostly I buy smart wool socks. If this is the Arctic winter they say it will be we’re prepared. My Toyota even got a new set of hakkapeliittes snow mud tires.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

WB you can buy FLIR and THOR tech on the internet, When have you seen just plain video from drones and of course they would not use that here only in war situations… if you believe that well then no need to do anything the government will look after you.

being aware of what is out there and how to counter it is knowledge, Prepare while you can still get items and hope you dont have to use is like having gun+ bullets and dont go and get skills to use till you need them.

Wrong opponent who do you think the opponent is? In a breakdown do you think people with force multipliers like this will leave them because its not fair to use against you… just like they dont use in kinetic actions against insert the blank people.

Wrong opponent? Simple, first of all, why would anyone like want to look at little ‘ol me?
    Seriously. I’m no threat to the .gov, not some retired super ninja able to topple governments, not storing 37 years worth of TP,
    Etc.
    Fact is, unlike most I don’t attract the attention of pretty much anyone, let alone enough for them to waste valuable batteries on me. Especially after shtf.

Who’s going to be running around with these force multipliers? Zombie mutant bikers? The Mary Kay Commandos? Who are these bad people? Seriously.

I say again, if I’m worried about the heat signature, I screwed up. I didn’t keep a low profile, I planned and executed poorly.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.