Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I found this on Fox News. Now I find this to be a little strange, are they trying to be funny or in a funny way are they telling us to prepare?

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/07/17/best-foods-for-apocalypse/?intcmp=obnetwork

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

They arent stupid Free.. I vote someone slipped in something they thought wud be helpful..?

Profile photo of legatelanius
    legatelanius
    Survivalist
    member2

Probably just a bit of humor with a silent wink to those on the fence about starting a stockpile. I remember my little siblings watching Disney Channel and them seeing an announcement by Disney that had kids creating bags of food and waterand stuff. They also recommended AT LEAST a week of supplies, instead of the silly government recommendation of three days. Well, at least Disney and Fox News try to be slightly honest. I don’t trust any media outlet though. Too many biases.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The anniversary of ww1 is coming. August 1. Think how much the world has changed in just 100 years.

Best survival food – a 6 gal. bucket of popcorn and pounds of butter stored away for all the documentaries coming out. Don’t forget the salt.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

What I found interesting is that at the beginning of the article they said about 3 million in the US are stockpiling. That’s about 1% of the population. I’m not in a position to guess how correct it might be but wonder how they came up with that statistic?

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

They asked?

Of course the only ones who answered weren’t paranoid about opsec.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Guys if you receive a call and they ask if you are a prepper what would you say? I personally would say no I am not a prepper. So if they think it is 3 million, it is more like 10 to 20 million.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Freedom – I agree – I think it is far more…there are many that don’t identify with the term ‘prepper’ but essentially do are preppers

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>tweva wrote:</div>Freedom – I agree – I think it is far more…there are many that don’t identify with the term ‘prepper’ but essentially do are preppers

My grandparents certainly weren’t preppers as such.

But they did live through the depression and kept a well stocked pantry and larder.
    Very well stocked.

Wish I had gotten to the jars before the others did.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

In the United States , up until the the early 20th century , most of the population were farmers ……….there is a reason for that .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.