Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8
    Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I wish they would ask just a few additional questions that I don’t expect to hear:

1. Who was the visitor with whom Ambassador Stevens met just prior to the attack? (Turkish Consul General, as originally reported?)

2. What was the topic of discussion? (Arms shipments from North Africa to Turkey? And from Turkey, then where did they go – Syria?)

3. Was the visitor ever questioned about seeing roadblocks that almost certainly had to have already been set up before the attack started minutes after he left? And if so, why didn’t he call back to Ambassador Stevens and notify him of the activity? Further, how did that visitor manage to get out of the area unscathed, when the fierce attack started at the consulate compound just minutes after he departed?

But for some reason, those items have simply disappeared from the news and the discussion.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Did you expect otherwise ? Its a stroke , dog and pony show to make us think they are actually attempting to do something .

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Its a stroke , dog and pony show to make us think they are actually attempting to do something .

I think Rep. Gowdy wants to get the truth, but he only has faint support from the Repugs on the committee, and serious opposition from the Dems, who want to cover for the Dragon Lady. Trying to get truth from someone in whose mouth it won’t fit, is at best, a waste of time. But as GeorgiaSaint hints with his questions, I also think that anyone who wants to understand the truth, and pays attention, can figure out the basic deal, for whatever good that may do.

Somewhere over 50% of the voters in this country will always vote for whomever promises to steal for them the biggest slice of their neighbor’s pie, blissfully ignoring that they are everybody else’s “neighbor.” If The Hildabeast can’t out-promise The Donald (or whomever else the Repugs might nominate) it could only mean she’d lost her tongue.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I’m not wasting my time any more on these hearings that never seem to accomplish anything. For a while I thought if Biden decided to run that O would give his OK for Hillary to be indicted for any manner of crimes, but now it is highly doubtful she’ll ever be indicted. My understanding is that the Obamas and Clintons despise each other, but O won’t let that put a Republican in the White House if Hillary is the only Democrat choice.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Everything is choreographed coming from DC. I’d be ok with an asteroid hitting DC during the SOTUA.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Thanks Tolik, needed that!
    Robin

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Unrelated , but too funny .

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

As I fully expected, the hearings were so politically charged that what should have been the real purpose simply could not have occurred.

Then tonight I watched something I had only seen the very beginning of quite a while ago (perhaps a year). Something prevented me from watching all but the first few minutes the first time, but I watched it all the way through this time. It about broke my heart. If anyone has not seen it, it’s an hour long interview by Bret Baier of Fox News, of three of the surviving members of the CIA annex who were with the two that were killed (Doherty and Woods) – and well worth watching. It’s emotional, and goes to a level few ever see. My heart ached most of the way through it, mostly because of what these men endured and are still enduring, but also very much because of the indifference of the politicians that sat there the past couple of days arguing and even screaming at each other to make political points, and particularly to either “unseat” Hillary Clinton, or save here. There was mere lip service, in my opinion (with few exceptions), to the hell that existed on the ground on 11 September 2012 in Benghazi.

If you haven’t seen it an want to, here is the full program (46 minutes and worth all of it):

I think the discussion of the politicians (43:05 in the video) is part of the most heart breaking aspect of it all. Hillary Clinton claiming she’s lost more sleep over this than any of the committee members was such a pile of Bovine Sierra. I suspect few have lost much sleep over it – other than worrying about how they can play it politically. I largely think, as L Tec does, that Rep. Gowdy is sincere, but I’ve learned that one never knows for sure.

The other part that really, really got to me was the statement that absolutely contradicted Clinton’s and others’ testimony that NO one ever gave a stand down order. These guys are living witnesses that that statement is categorically false (starts at 6:35 – 10:56 of the video). They had to wait nearly ½ hour before they finally bolted against their orders, and went to rescue the folks at the Consulate. At the end, all three strongly believed the outcome would have been different, and at least two of them stated that they’re certain they would have had a good chance of bringing Ambassador Stevens and the commo guy (Sean Smith) out alive. If Bret Baier could interview all three of these men (two others for whatever reason remain anonymous), then the Benghazi Committee could have interviewed them. If they were interviewed in the closed door hearings, perhaps some of the information about the real mission there, the reported meeting between Stevens and the Turkish Consul General, and other related aspects DID come out, but at least some of that could certainly made it to the general public – after all, they do work for us, don’t they? We voted them in, didn’t “we?”

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Tolik, that video is hilarious.

GS, my theory is that in the echelons of power Ambassador Stevens and the others that died are viewed as mere collateral damage necessary for the achievement of some higher purpose. My guess is that that higher purpose was supporting the White House’s jihadi allies in ways that would be deemed treason if known.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

GS, my theory is that in the echelons of power Ambassador Stevens and the others that died are viewed as mere collateral damage necessary for the achievement of some higher purpose.

MB, hammer squarely meets nail head. My beliefs exactly.

I’m simply not willing to roll over, give up entirely, and go on in life like 90+ percent of the population that is clueless, and basically doesn’t care – as long as they still have their 3-square per day (and then some), gas in their tanks, and adequate medical care, regardless of who’s paying for it. Oh – and plenty of entertainment.

I’ll take peace, security, and freedom. Unlike the 90+ percent (but probably like the few percent here), I take personal responsibility for providing those three things for myself and my wife – and will vigorously pursue (and defend) all three in appropriate ways.

My sister knew Chris Stevens, and described him as a very decent person who truly loved the people of North Africa. Anyone who doesn’t appreciate (and protect) that kind of decency is truly evil. Treason has its consequences, and I have to trust that in the end – whether this life or beyond – those consequences will be meted out in very adequate measure.

I think what gets to me the most is when I watch and listen to the stories of people like the three in the “13 Hours” video above. These are men that put loyalty to other human beings before their own lives, even despite the wrestling they obviously have with the politics in play for why they’re even there in the first place. While VP Biden’s grief may truly have been very real and very deep with his son’s death, there is a part of me that simply cannot reconcile being asked (as a nation) to “give him the time he needs” to make his decision regarding a run for the presidency. The entire nation was asked to patiently wait for that anti-climactic announcement that his “window is now closed.” Yet the grief of those close to the four dead in Benghazi, and the real-life consequences few will ever know about for those that were there and lived after putting their lives on the line (no greater love …), are of no consequence whatever for those in “the echelons of power.” That is true evil; a sign of an absence of humanity. Yet the 50%+ keep putting them in office to rule and reign over us.

GS

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.