Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Develop SHTF code words/phrases: You should have a few phrases which are only known to those in your family or community which correspond to certain actions which will take place if T-SHTF. Codes for dropping everything at work and linking up at home, or meeting at home and preparing to bugout, or getting into a car and driving to a pre-determined linkup location 20 miles outside of the city limits. Let’s say your spouse has a cell phone but no access to news throughout the day while at their job. While at your job you see on the news some major catastrophe has just started to unfold and you know you need to get everyone home ASAP. You text your spouse the following: “could you pick up some food for the bird on the way home from work?” Only you have no bird, that’s just your code which tells him/her to drop everything and walk away.

Never use names over the radio / phone: Especially useful after SHTF when other individuals might be eaves dropping in order to gain information on your community. Think about it, someone sets up a 1/2 a mile from your location and picks up your 2 way radio frequency. They hear names being used over this frequency and they write them down. They could use this information to attempt to gain access to your community at a later date by pretending to know someone on the inside. Instead of names use call signs (e.g. Maverick) when referring to individuals.

Anyone like to add? Here are a few texting ideas.

Pick a smiley as your shtf symbol :POOP:

• GET HOME NOW
    • STAY THERE:
    • FEET INCOMING (walking to you)
    • GW1 INCOMING (vehicle 1 coming to you)
    • GW2 INCOMING (Vehicle 2 coming to you)
    • GW3 INCOMING (Vehicle 3 coming to you)
    • BOL NOW

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

My brother in law and I were talking about this the other day. We all live on the same piece of property and there is one long driveway leading to each of our houses. If there were some kind of confrontation at one of the houses we have a particular gesture that could be seen through a scope if “back up” was needed.

I have another prepper friend that I am linked up with and we have a code word to let each other know if SHTF is going down in our neck of the woods. The bird code you used is a good idea. Code words need to be non-descript and simple so as not to tip some unwanted listener off.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Gypsy, Great idea. I will be talking to the family about this.

Profile photo of Irish
    Irish
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Me and my friend who I have involved in preparing have developed a system of codes for situational awareness. These codes can be said in public without bringing to much attention to ourselves. “what’s your favorite baseball team?”- bring attention to suspicious individuals around us. “**** I forgot my phone”-get out of the place we are in. “Do you have a nice pair of shoes to match those pants?”-get ready to fight the person we say this to. These are just a few examples that we have, we are working towards new codes aswell.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Avoid military phrases, and anything that sounds out of the context of normal everyday conversation ( yes, bird food sounds good) .

It make sense from my experience to have prearranged places where you (or member of family-group) can check for messages and warnings ( and have backup place of course)

Also consider some signs how you or someone yours can see that something is wrong (for example some sign that intruders are in house with you or similar).

Just go with your family trough couple of scenarios (in discussion) and see what kind of call signs, codes, and warning signs you could use.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I need to do this , so far , I have not developed a code that I would want to use , I want to keep it simple  though .

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Basically all you need to do is set up your “Brevity code” as it’s known. All it does is allow you to convey as much information in the littlest amount of time.

I’ll echo what selco said, and I’ll add that if you’re using it via radio, you’ll want to change your words/phrases weekly, if not on a day by day basis, just to be safe. Radio comms security can be as in depth and complex as you make it.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I have a new code for today! EBT Guns! We will know who they are.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.