Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Stocks of green tip will be gone in a day or so.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150213/batfe-to-ban-common-ar-15-ammo

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yep I read that one. Looks like you are right. Soon they will be gone.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Another fascist agency that should not exist .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I agree Tolik.

The problem here is they sre a regulatory agency that can effect these sort of changes without actual laws being passed.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I believe this is just another test on how fare they can go without actual law. If they get away with this then they start thinking about what else they can do.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The coyotes will be happy. Welcome to NY. Where everything not expressly permitted is banned.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

For every action there is a reaction. People will start hoarding any .223 they can get their hands on. The price goes up, and the cycle starts all over again. Meanwhile I suspect that there are a number of people who will go doesn’t bother me, I already have enough. Not realizing what they are letting the BATF get away with. The President just said he is going to squeeze as much change as he can while he is still on office. Fasten your seatbelt.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Here some of the Coyotes are pretty bold , they will actually growl at you instead of running sometimes . I’ve used Hexolit 32 on them with a 12 gauge , they dont like that lol . They dont like number 4 shot either .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

The ‘loss’ of m855 is nothing to many of us.

Round here, aside from being overpriced blaster ammo, all it is is a source for cases.

Its main reason for desire, that mild AP capability, actually makes it less desirable. Especially when compared to s 40-45gr SP for home defense or a good 60+gr hunting bullet for everything else. The Barnes 70gr TSX for example has taken the .223 from a poodle shooter into the realm of a serious hunting gun.

Don’t have AP, no big deal, aim for the joints and soft parts, you’ll have better effect anyways.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Dont know if this is true or not , but I have heard that some helmets wont stop some of the bigger rifle rounds .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

They don’t.

And even if it does, the effect of a .375 bullet hitting is going to have more effect than a simple punch as it were.

At best we are looking at a heck of a case of whiplash.
    Worst, think of all those traumatic brain injuries caused when the brain bangs around inside the skull causing unconsciousness, and severe bleeding internally.

FYI, a hard cast lead bullet .458″ and weighing 350-405gr isn’t stopped by 3/8″ steel plate when propelled at 1800fps.
    The tree behind doesn’t fare that well either.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I was wondering about that , I have a buddy from work , that used to belong to one of those private security firms . He was guarding some honcho’s estate in Mexico somewhere , and got hit by a sniper twice , using a Dragunov 7.62x54r . He said the first round hit his chest armor and knocked him down , the other one spun him around when he tried to get up , he was glad there was not a 3rd shot , as by that time his group located the shooter and was putting fire on him .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yep Tolik there is no bullet proof helmets, only helps stop some hand gun ammo.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly, The ATF limiting ammo is a problem whether you like a paticular bullet or not. Barnes makes great bullets but there is a considerable difference between the price of Barnes TSX about .50 cents per bullet versus .12 cents per bullet for fmjsc. To load 500 Barnes it cost $250, for fmjsc 500 runs about $60.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Trust me I know, just loaded a mess of them for next hunting season and to sight in the kids AR.

While I think this whole mess is a load of fecal matter, there is nothing I can do about it.

My experience with the 855’s shows that my generic handload with a comparable Hornady boattail soft point is much more accurate and can double as a defense/hunting bullet.

I shoot a lot of ball for classes, but the premium for 855 versus generic 55gr ball isn’t worth it. The slight difference in accuracy means little on silhouettes.

The regulators want to limit what we have, they’re just limiting themselves in the not too distant future. Last I checked the gun people didn’t forgive and certainly didn’t forget things like this.

It will not go good for them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.