Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I can’t speak to city police because I’ve never lived in a city but based on my suburban/small town/rural life experience I would say that the majority of police try to do the right thing. My problem is with good police that shield the bad ones from any accountability for their actions. In the video that started this conversation the Chief only held a press conference because there was a media frenzy over that incident. It was clear the matter would have been swept under the rug if that video hadn’t of survived the attempt to delete it, and most likely the cops involved won’t get more than a mild reprimand at the end of the investigation. If there are not any meaningful repercussions for the officers involved, those kids, their friends, family and neighbors will be forever distrustful of police because of what happened.

All that said, what you give ye shall receive. The odds of the police being respectful likely increase if you are respectful. The odds of the public being respectful likely increase if the police are respectful. Good manners can go a very long way. It may not be right but even if a cop is out of bounds, if you escalate the matter the cop in turn is going to escalate the matter and odds are you will be on the losing end of that interaction, possibly in a non-recoverable way. It is not a level playing field at the time of the encounter. Better to file a complaint or lawsuit afterwards if the cop was out of bounds.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Better to file a complaint or lawsuit afterwards if the cop was out of bounds. – MB

Couple caveats:

1) If you survive to file a complaint or lawsuit… dead men tell no tales, ya know. Something egregious enough happens and they can’t cover it up, you might just get offed. Only one story to tell then – theirs. And dead people don’t file lawsuits.

2) Let’s say that a lawsuit is filed (because complaints get round-filed). Let’s say you even have standing and it stands a chance of making it to trial. You know it will settle out of court. It always does. And who gets hosed? The cops? No. They go on paid vacations while the lawyers have at each other. And they go back to work once it gets settled. So, who gets hosed? Joe Taxpayer does. The city (or whatever municipality) gets to pay the settlement, which they will recoup via taxes or an increase in writing tickets for ‘violations’ – their usual method of milking the citizenry and taking their daily bread.

So, on one hand, yeah you might hit the Ghetto Lottery and settle for elebenty bahundred thousand dollars, but the Money Fairy doesn’t miracle that cash into existence. Everyone else gets to pay for it, except the cops responsible.

I would like to see individual cops be held responsible for their actions. Everyone always goes after the city, while the cops responsible are shielded from any wrongdoing. If cops started being held responsible as individuals, I’m pretty sure it would have an effect on the rest.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Here is another one . Notice the one in Seattle where 6 guys move up single file up to a dead guy …………are you frikin kidding me !!!!!!!!!! beyond ridiculous . Oh ! these are all isolated incidents by the way , this rarely happens anywhere but Russia . We all know the Russians shoot first and ask questions later now dont we .

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The woman beating up her son on national TV should be arrested. That was vicious.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Naw, that kid needed to be slapped in the head. It was surely more of an emotional hit than a physical one for a teenage boy. Better he learn a lesson from him mother than from the police.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, 2 of these leo’s have been arrested for murdering the victim in the video. I never heard the video so clearly before, I can’t believe one of them told the guy he’s not a murderer right before he gets shot 6 times.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I just came across this article which poses some very troubling questions & observations about the events in Baltimore possibly having been orchestrated to fit the President’s agenda.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/12-unanswered-questions-about-the-baltimore-riots-that-they-dont-want-us-to-ask

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Again another case were the prosecutor is politically motivated by O agenda. Three of the officers were black.

Baltimore prosecutor’s swift action, link to victim’s lawyer raise questions

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/05/02/baltimore-prosecutor-swift-action-link-to-victim-lawyer-elected-official-raise/

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

There are credible people already speaking of acquittals for the officers.

That whole proof of malice and intent.
    Innocent until proven guilty.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Thats why body cameras are a good idea , it will show things one way , or the other ……………..if done correctly .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Agreed, why I have long argued for them.

More than once a simple audio recording kapt the liars, sorry lawyers, from beating me in court.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.