Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

I’ve been checking in on Baltimore riots via my police scanner on my iPhone. A scanner is a must for SHTF gear. An interesting way to learn about the rioting etc. SHTF eye opener. Amazing how much folks are ‘on their own’ in SHTF and little folks are prepared.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

It looks like these roiters plan everything throw social media web sites like facebook, tweeter. They are from other states and are all pros.

SOCIAL MEDIA SMOKING GUN?
    Account tracking suggests Baltimore,
    Ferguson targeted by protest pros

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/04/28/social-media-analysis-suggests-links-between-baltimore-and-ferguson-violence/

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

In my recent trip to NC I met a black woman at breakfast at a hotel we stayed at. She was there with her son for a basketball tournament. I could tell she was not a wealthy woman and doing what she was doing required some sacrifice on her part. She told me she would rather be run ragged supporting her son’s sports activities and chasing after him to keep him focused than him being chased by the police. I don’t doubt but that if she lived in Baltimore that she’d want her kid in school and not on the street. Then again, she takes her responsibilities as a parent seriously.

My brother (who is not a prepper) that lives west of Baltimore told me years ago that the locals were prepared to stop the Baltimore gang from coming into their county should it ever come to that. Certain roads would be blockaded. Come SHTF when they’re done burning their neighborhoods, the rioters won’t be welcomed in anyone else’s.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

More ” good ” cops .

Here is a pattern I have noticed about situations in the country in general . If they can behave like bullies , they will , and without hesitation . If confronted by a large group that is prepared to escalate the situation with equal violence , you have cut off their balls . The Bundy Ranch is another example of that , they had to back down or take heavy casualties . Come SHTF , this will also be the case , the masses outnumber and outgun the Government .

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

To me the body language on the part of the Chief says his only regret is that the attempted deleting of the video evidence didn’t work. The lawsuit that is sure to come is going to cost Virginia Beach more than it would have cost them to properly train their officers. The kid telling them he was 17 should have been a clue to stop and think about what they were doing for a moment.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

You can explain forever but what it comes down to is … The Purge.. Some will die and others will live when anarchy is declared.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Municipal insurance policy premiums must be sky rocketing. Since it seems most cities are broke, self-insuring would be a bad idea.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

You are probably right about insurance premiums skyrocketing. Now the actuaries need to take into account the power of video evidence going before a jury. It is no longer hearsay.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Withnall the police bashing happening, its funny that some of the pictures coming out of Baltimore aren’t like so many expect.

The young kid handing water bottles to riot cops, the neighborhood residents standing in front of more riot police keeping the rioters from throwing rocks at the police, and more.

You don’t like cops, when you need help they still show up.
    You disrespect cops, you need help they still show up.

How about we focus on the bad preppers?
    There’s good and bad in all groups, LE included, sometimes its a mistake or an accident, sometimes intentional. But to criticize the entire group because of the few?
    How would you like to be lumped in with “Tyler” the marauder off Doomsday Preppers? Or Melvin?

Some days I wonder why I make this stand, like a modern Don Quixote, but having worked with some great police officers, they don’t deserve to be cut down by people who don’t have a clue about the job but are perfectly willing to criticize how the job is done.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Whirli our police have a tough job. This whole subject is like a powder keg and someone is smoking cigars and playing with gasoline right beside it. It is one of those catch 22 situations and there are good cops and bad cops, good citizens and bad. You see something like Baltimore and look at what the LEOs are up against and it is no wonder they are using MRAPs and are covered in full kit. I wouldn’t want to be in that situation with anything less. You have instigators fanning the flames of the slightest injustice. Everyone screams about how cops are acting and how they are becoming militarized. Are there copswho go too far. Yep. Are there thugs and criminals hiding behind lawyers and stupid laws. Yep. I can’t blame either group. Our biggest problem is the lawyers who have created this environment by getting guilty people off and getting stupid laws passed that give criminals more rights than victims. Cops wouldn’t need the gear they have now and would not get so frustrated if criminals were actually held responsible for their actions. Citizens wouldn’t get so mad and frustrated if bad cops were treated as such and held accountable for their actions to the fullest extent of the law and not protected by their buddies or have things swept under the rug. It is a hard pill to swallow but unless the law is equal on both sides anger will never cease and things will continue to escalate. The problem with law making now is it no longer protects people it takes responsibility away from people. It’s not your fault, you were mistreated when you were little so it’s ok. This type of thinking has ruined America. Unfortunately it won’t change until people stand up and hold people accountable, not cowering from the media and lawyers. This however will start a war.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Whirli:

I understand that you have worked with many great cops in your time. It is very easy to see why you would defend the profession and the actions of cops. I am also sure that there are good cops out there that don’t violate people’s rights, treat all people as some sort of offender, or are actually on the job to try and do some sort of good. The numbers support your contention that not all cops are bad. I get that and agree that numerically, there have to be some good cops out there just as there have to be some bad cops out there…. Human nature and the numbers game.

Where I think people are fed up with cops is this: Cops are now Law Enforcement and not Peace Officers. The entire industry has changed. LE is now a revenue generating industry based upon the idea that all people are violators of some law at some time. When the average citizen is minding his own business and has not endangered anyone, why must LE now feel the need to taser/mace/beat that person to get them to “comply” with their mandates? There is no reason why people are routinely stopped and messed with if they are not doing anything. A few people that are holding illegal drugs might be snatched up, but the 100’s of other people that feel harassed due to being detained and forcefully treated like a criminal at gun point is not much more than highway robbery. There is no reason why the “common good” should allow this sort of treatment of the general population. This is what is known as a police state. Welcome to it and welcome to the hate because of it…..

If the entire industry changed back to a Peace Officer model with less militarization of their officers, those doing the job might end up with a bit more respect and cooperation from the public. Although it is a hard job that is normally quite thankless, the truth is quite simple: Cops hold the general population to an elated standard based upon all sorts of liberty infringing laws. Cops should then be held to a standard that disallows ANY mistakes. We are not allowed any so those on patrol shouldn’t be allowed any. One slip up by Joe Public can ruin their entire life. One slip up by a cop should be the end of theirs. It is only fair… That is just my opinion about the hypocrisy that is our government.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is the problem in most big cities:
    BALTIMORE IS A DEMOCRAT PROBLEM, NOT AMERICA’S PROBLEM

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/28/baltimore-is-a-democrat-problem-not-americas-problem/

Police in the cities are but a cog on the wheel.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Its funny I was checking out another forum where some idiot was saying send in the Army.

What so few understand is that the .mil has no arrest powers, no training to handle criminals, no legal training, and what you’d get sending in the .mil is nothing short of a disaster. – Whirl

You are referring to Posse Comitatus. The PC is dead, thanks to PATRIOT ACT 1 and the NDAA. Under “normal” circumstances, the PC prevents Federal troops from acting in a law enforcement role.

That the Nasty Guard, which is equipped by the Federals, clothed by the Federals, given training by the Federals, supplied by the Federals, issued weapons and vehicles by the Federals and draws their paychecks from the Treasury Department are considered “state” troops is a joke.

Yet, people still believe that happy fiction. Why else would the Governors of our respective states and commonwealths petition so hard to have Reserve Special Forces groups reclassified as Nasty Guard? Answer: So they can deploy special operations troops against the citizenry without running afoul of the Posse Comitatus.

However, the (un)PATRIOT Act and the NDAA effectively gut the PC. Which means Governors – and the Federals themselves – can deploy who and what they want, when they want and how they want, simply by invoking the right legislation (legislation that was passed via EO under dark of night on Dec 31st, when there would be no opposition and little notice).

Not a standing army, but a bunch of heavily armed people running around in armored humvees, mraps, and more who have no repurcussions for their actions.

Oh, like cops ever face “repercussions” for their actions? Yeah, there might be a dog and pony show “investigation”… maybe even a “trial” (snicker) if there’s enough public and media outrage, complete with a paid vacation for the cop-in-question. But honestly – how many face real jail time for their egregious actions?

And, given that the army has been prosecuting soldiers for their actions over in Sandland – a war zone – what do you think will happen here? I don’t think there’s much credibility to your statement.

People complain about middle age donut chompers getting used , mil gear, what about young punks with the new stuff?

USED?!? Uh huh… know plenty of guys – including me – who saw the cops at Ferguson and wished we had that amount of gear, and gear of that quality. You make it sound like they’re getting ratty, beat to sh*t castoffs – not true. The Feds have the vehicles, etc, rebuilt (if not needed because it’s still new), then make the stuff available through the 1033 Program – just one program of three – then issue a grant to the department, which is then used to “buy” the equipment.

In point of fact, a police department that gains military grade equipment from the Federals is probably getting better quality gear than active duty line units. You see the cops wearing brand-new Gen III night vision, and contrast that with the Infantry puke over in Sandland who’s smacking the crap out of his PVS-7’s – trying to coax a bit more life out of them because the intensifier tubes are at the end of their useful lives.

And nothing to restrain them.

Soldiers should not have to worry about being “restrained”. They shouldn’t be deployed against the citizenry – EVER. So this shouldn’t ever be a concern. That’s the whole point of being a soldier – when things need destroying and people killed, you let them off the chain and they do the job they’re trained to do. The citizenry of These United States should not be on the list of people that need killing and stuff destroyed… at least not by the military.

The problem I have is that cops are not soldiers, but they like to think they are, they like playing dress-up in our stuff, drive around in our vehicles, call themselves “operators” (shyeah), when that’s the absolute LAST thing they should be doing…

Want to know how to end the riot without taking a life?

Deploy several teams, armed with scoped, bolt action rifles in .22 Mag or .22 long rifle. Identify the instigators of the riot, and then make the announcement that if the rioters do not desist and disperse, you’ll open fire.

If they try to call your bluff and don’t leave, shoot the instigators in the lung with a .22, then take them to the hospital to be patched up. The rest will get the message. Nobody has to die.

It’s that, or don’t prosecute the property owners when the bust out their hunting rifles and shotguns and deck the turds who are trying to burn down their house/business… immunity should be granted automatically to anyone defending their hearth/home/property during a riot.

Personally, I got no problems with Option #2. Let the scumbags know you’re going to do what you have to do to protect what’s yours.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Malgus:

Considering that insurance will not cover damage done by riots and cops in situations like that are useless, there should be no question that a property owner be empowered to defend what is theirs. My KSG and AR should be able to be employed not only as a deterrent, but also as a defensive weapon against such aggression…. You loot? I shoot…. Simple.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

sled,

Agreed.

What irks me are the people who say “Well, it’s just “stuff”!” You’re willing to shoot someone over STUFF?!?” as if we’re talking about a shoebox full of Pokemon Cards or a plasma TV or whatever…

The small business owner who cannot get riot insurance and cannot afford to rebuild completely from scratch has traded significant portions of his life by sacrificing and building that small business. It represents his ability to generate wealth and feed/clothe his family.

And some FSA puke with a chip on his shoulder decides he wants to burn your place to the ground?

Yeah… not gonna happen.

It might just be “stuff” to people who aren’t you, but to you, if that business gets destroyed, there goes your livelihood, your ability to feed your kids – maybe you and yours live above the shop, so it’s actually your home as well?

Life, Liberty and PROPERTY…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.