Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

An other proof police and civil authorities will probably not put any effort into stopping civil unrest in a major shtf.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/27/baltimore-mayor-city-gave-space-to-rioters-who-wished-to-destroy/

In another article discribing the start of the riot, police looked and did nothing to help, while rioters attacked a family driving by in their car. This riot started in a tourist area, the “Inner Harbor” section of Baltimore.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any more insane! The mayor of a major American city said the police gave space to rioters that wanted to destroy things. That shows you the level this country has sunk too. By deescalating, I think he meant let the looters go until they were so exhausted destroying and looting that they stopped. I’ll bet the Main Stream Media doesn’t report this one.

What do they think is going to happen when the banks say sorry we are out of cash, and your food stamp card isn’t worth the plastic it’s made of? Have a nice day and please go to your designated riot area to voice your displeasure.

I’ve been to the Inner Harbor. That’s the only place in Baltimore worth visiting. I’m sure this nonsense is not going to effect the tourist business there.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

U.S. Route 1 goes thru Baltimore. I’ve driven it a few times. I saw a black guy hanging on the road sign on cnn. Watching them cut the fire hoses now. Burn this butch down. These guys are crazy. It will affect the tourist business. I can’t risk a brick thrown at my air stream. The insurance doesn’t cover war zones.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Brulen, nor civil unrest and riots.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Peaceful demonstrations are one thing , and I support demonstrations . Riots are another , I have no sympathy for rioters……………..Spetsnaz them !

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Baltimore is 2/3’s black and these riots will drive even more whites out of the city, and probably a few businesses too. White apologists and black intellectuals, both groups which most assuredly live in safe white neighborhoods, will talk about those whites and businesses that flee the city as being racists for doing so.

I suspect this summer will see lots of violence in majority black cities.

Come SHTF, my guess is that authorities will just let the inner city blacks burn themselves out. Either that or it will be shoot on sight. If govt/military doesn’t contain such violence, or can’t, the general public will when they look to exit their areas looking for resources and/or more victims.

What a pathetic excuse for a leader that mayor is. She doesn’t even seem upset that the riots occurred.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I watched an interview with the mayor, city council and police chief. They all are incompetent and in way over their heads. The only thing they could say was “this is unacceptable”. Not one of them had a solution or a plan.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Firing the cops who were involved in the backbreaking might help.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I’m fairly certain they should be jailed.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

We definitely need to be bringing criminal charges against police when they brutalize civilians or otherwise violate their rights. Sometimes the police did nothing wrong such as was proven in Ferguson, but sometimes they are the criminals such as it appears to be the case in Baltimore.

What I don’t get is why the inner city blacks still haven’t learned that when they riot, burn, and loot that they make their situation worse. On the news this morning there was someone from the NAACP who said just that. Baltimore never fully recovered from the riots in the 1960’s and now they have again affirmed to any business that might locate there that this is what they can expect at some point in the future, and perhaps even worse as we saw in Ferguson and now again in Baltimore, that the police will take no action to stop the burning and looting. Last night I watched a news clip where the reporter was interviewing a Baltimore Councilman and the Councilman was saying they had asked the police to stand back so that the black community could calm the rioters themselves. Adjacent to where that interview was taking place, there was a liquor store being looted in plain sight of the police and yet nothing was being done to stop it, and the Councilman was perturbed that the reporter was asking why not.

Brulen is correct that business insurance policies will not cover the losses from these riots. Such things are expressly excluded. CVS can suffer the loss of a couple stores, but most sole proprietors cannot. Many burned out or looted small businesses never come back. Similarly many building owners cannot afford to rebuild without insurance. Jobs and tax revenue are lost for many years, and yet this lesson doesn’t seem to ever be learned.

Roadracer, you couldn’t pay me to take a vacation in Baltimore after this. I’ve heard the Inner Harbor is really nice, but there are plenty of other really nice places to visit without having to worry about violent protesters possibly descending upon that spot when I’m there. I have a brother in Carroll County who commutes in to just outside the city every day but who never goes into Baltimore. He chose to live where he does so as to have some distance between his home and Baltimore.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Portland Maines harbor is very nice and very peaceful . They have not seen violence sense the Revolutionary war lol .

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I agree Tolik. The harbor area in Portland is really nice, and I have no qualms at all of visiting there. Lots of tourists see it the same way as I do. Portland as a whole is a nice city.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Its funny I was checking out another forum where some idiot was saying send in the Army.

What so few understand is that the .mil has no arrest powers, no training to handle criminals, no legal training, and what you’d get sending in the .mil is nothing short of a disaster.

Not a standing army, but a bunch of heavily armed people running around in armored humvees, mraps, and more who have no repurcussions for their actions.

People complain about middle age donut chompers getting used , mil gear, what about young punks with the new stuff? And nothing to restrain them.

Just something to think about.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I see all the riots in all the cities that have happen as a way for all of us to learn what will happen in a collapse of the economy or the dollar. In one to two days after we will see the country in a civil unrest and no national guard or police will be able to stop what will happen. The gangs, criminals, and communist will riot to destroy everything.

This will come. We have to prepare.

If you study all the cases of where these things have happen they are ALL left wing Democratic states, or Mayors. The policy of food stamps, welfare, and no jobs or family unit in these areas can not be fixed. It is part of the left wing Democratic party for years. The police are not always responsible. It is very hard to be a police officer in these areas were so many are criminals. There is not enough money to pay me to be a police officer in these areas.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Another SHTF object lesson came from the people in the station wagon who drove right into the nonsense. The wife almost got pulled out of the car.

The last place you want to be is where lawlessness is breaking out. Even the peaceful protests are a signal that you need to be somewhere else. Because you never know when trouble is going to breakout.

I feel for all the blacks in Baltimore who just want to go to work, raise their family, and live a peaceful life. Like the mother who slapped her idiot son into next week, they hate this more than we do. Kudos to her. She should be held up as an example to the other parents.

So now the Baltimore brain trust decides to close the schools. Those kids need to be in school, and if necessary surrounded by National Guard to keep them safe, and out of trouble.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.