Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Homesteading mag with more conservative leanings.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Excellent magazine, although more libertarian than conservative most of the time.

(Read libertarian as leave me alone)

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

I’ve been a subscriber since 1991 when American Survival Guide went belly up and Backwoods Home bought their subscriber list and sent me a two issue trial – been hooked ever since.  It’s been my premiere source of motivation all these years.  The annual anthologies are a good thing to collect as most of the articles are things that are still valuable years later.

In addition, I think I’ve caught some of their type of libertarianism – especially the “leave me the hell alone” strain…;)

If you can’t afford the rather steep subscription ($35 per year/8 issues), if you just check the website each month many of the same articles are posted there for free.

Thanks for posting – there are many experts there and many good stories of people to left society to forge their own way.  Jackie Clay, Claire Wolfe, Dorothy Ainsworth, etc.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.