Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Short term emergency heater, 80,000 BTU propane. This will heat a 2000 sqft bld for about 12-15 hours on one tank running continuously. I also have 2 fire places that we use for general heating.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Those are quite nice…… I have used those in small sheds/garages/etc., and they work well. I also have a stove that I made out of an old oil drum (small one, not 55 gal). I need to get it cleaned up and get some pictures of that going. It would be nice to show you guys so you can decide if something like that would work for you.

Ever try those old military stoves? those are pretty sweet as well. You can heat up a fairly large tent in no time with them.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

we have one of those. works great.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Sled, No I’m not familiar with the military type can you find a picture?

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Here is what I have used. The Yukon ones are nice as well, but these are multi fuel or wood.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Sled, Thanks. Looks nice and simple. I see It comes apart in two pieces and nests together for transporting.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

I have the arctic 5 man tent with a liner to use for winter camping, it takes a Yukon wood stove which is just the right size. I used an M1941 round stove one time and unless its -20F its much to hot. It would work better in the 10 man tent. The m1941 with kero/diesel/fuel oil in 5 gal jerry cans could heat a big wall tent, but I wouldn’t want to sleep with it on. M1941 is an obsolete model though and there a newer one, SHA. I think the m1941 also can burn coal with the heavy grate it has. I never tried it.

These heaters work well because there’s someone watching them in shifts. When everyone decides to sleep the tent gets cold very quickly. Its nasty having to get out of a warm bag and start the fire in the morning. lol

It looks like the H45 and the m1941 are almost the same stove but not quite. The m1941 is the one that will burn coal and has an adapter kit to multifuel. The H45 is annother version. The later one is the SHA space heater arctic. Its more squareish but works like the H45. My reference to the M1941 is TM 10-725 dept of the army.

Sorry for the confusion among the three heaters. Door a b or c take your choice. Wood coal kero to jet fuel. The military thinks of everything.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.