Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Being the curious type I find this attractive!
    Robin

http://www.instructables.com/id/Autonomous-Sentry-Turret/

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

LOL! My first thought was how that could be hooked up to our home alarm system for when we’re away (or sleeping). Then I remembered about two weeks ago when I unknowingly mistakenly put the system on “away” mode. I put my keys in my pocket, back in the bedroom, and didn’t hear the alarm start timing out for us to leave the house (apparently a key pressed against the key ring remote control device for the alarm system, activating it without our knowledge). Imagine my surprise when I just happened to walk out the bedroom hall door into the family room and the high pitched and high volume “screams” came blaring out of the alarm siren just inside the front door (ear splitting!). Thank goodness I didn’t also have this device hooked into the system (and it certainly would not have been with foam ammo, if I did). I wouldn’t even have been able to answer the phone when the alarm company called just moments later to verify it was really just a false alarm. But at least they would have called police, who then could have notified the coroner – hah hah!

Still, good for a few fun fantasies, anyway.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Gs, putting a “Modified” system like this in and around the house was my first reaction. Then, like you, I remembered how many times my car alarm system has been set-off by the remote in my jeans. Most of the time when I was trying to pull something from that pocket!
    Robin

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Like to have one of these under the eaves , for any would be door kickers . Go ahead boys , stack them up tight .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.