Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Australia is now massively safer [sarc/OFF], thanks to the amnesty gun turn in program that netted 57,000 guns. Possession of illegal guns in Australia can bring a US$225,000 fine and up to 14 years in jail. So comforting to know that Australia is so safety and freedom-conscious….

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-43236421

And then there are always the Moonies here in the U.S. that make a mockery of religion with their gun-blessing ceremony:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43231638

And we wonder why there’s such a debate about guns. It all focuses on the wrong thing: what’s wrong with our society that wasn’t wrong back in the 50s and early 60s, when there were rifle clubs and teams in high schools, kids used to go hunting after school, and even have their guns in the racks along the back window of their pickup trucks, out in the high school parking lot so they could go straight out to the field after school. Why did we not have the mass shootings then that we have now, when even teenagers owned guns, and nobody thought twice about it? No one thought it at all odd that my wife’s father taught both of his children first about gun safety, then operation of guns, and finally how to actually hunt, from about age 5 or 6 on. And though she doesn’t practice much at all anymore, she can spend 15 minutes at the range and get back up to a point within just that amount of time and put most men to shame. Today, looking at her, NO one would even guess. But that wasn’t uncommon “back then,” and there are still many of those (now) grannies around with similar capabilities. No one wants to examine what was different 50, 60, 70, and more years ago when in many parts of this country guns were common. I didn’t grow up in a family where shooting was taught – had to learn it at camp at age 12, then in the military, and then for pleasure later. And though I didn’t really have an interest in the rifle club at school as a teenager, I wasn’t the least bit concerned about it, nor was ANYone else. It was just normal – and that was in the pre-liberal northeast, no less.

Nope – it’s the evil guns. Gotta get rid of them, without ever mentioning that it will only be the law-abiding folks that will stupidly (and spinelessly) give them up, and then ….

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

President Trump was mocking the democrats when he said seize the guns first and then do due process. The insanity of the anti gun mob has no limits. In Florida people reacted to it by buying more guns. They witnessed a systemic breakdown of law and order in Parkland. The democrat CNN antifada jamned the whole country up against the wall and threatened it with…. Look at what we can do. Respect for fbi, cops, congress went right out the window. This was a terrorist attack by an enemy who hates the Constitution and wants to destroy the US and kill its people. Everyone is going to arm himself with whatever is available. Some group is doing mass killings in the former USA and its not the NRA. So the lights are still on and the traffic keeps moving but who knows how long that will last.

Putin warning: my nukes are faster.

Sorry GS. Some days it feels Yellowstone is safer than NY and the east coast.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Sorry GS. Some days it feels Yellowstone is safer than NY and the east coast.

LOL! You’ll get no argument outa me on that one. And as a former western NY resident (emphasis on former!), I have up close and personal experience with that one.

In all seriousness, my own personal belief is that while, as you say, “the lights are still on and the traffic keeps moving,” I view that as the rough equivalent of a body that still has basic functions, but a brain that is so severely damaged that the person is simply not technically “dead” – kind of Terri Schiavo-like. The most amazing political experiment in the history of the world, begun 131 years ago with the signing of the Constitution, has been shut down. Only the lights in the lab are still on, with occasional visitors to the museum passing by to look at what passes as the great and glorious real thing. In Dearborn, MI (Detroit suburb), the Henry Ford Museum built a recreation of Edison’s NJ lab as a tribute to him (Ford and Edison were close personal friends). I used to love going through “Edison’s lab” (the non-functioning Detroit version) as a kid with my grandfather. He actually worked for Edison in the real one in NJ prior to WWI. The Henry Ford Museum version, while looking like the original NJ working version, simply isn’t the same thing despite the detailed appearance (my grandfather confirmed the detailed appearance of the real thing to me on many occasions). Today’s United States is the Detroit version, complete with the decades of corruption of that once glorious city which houses it. Go just outside the gates of the Henry Ford Museum and you’re surrounded by the Mecca of the West (Dearborn, Michigan).

The Republic is dead. Long live the republic.
    (And my sincere, ongoing condolences for your residency.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.