Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

With all the other disasters going on right now, all we need is another new (and even larger) one. Freedom posted about the new research showing that magma buildup beneath Yellowstone can trigger mega-eruptions in 10s of years, not hundreds or thousands of years of gradual buildup. Nice – that would take out much of the U.S. and plunge the world into a volcanic winter (so much for global warming).

Now the Canary Islands are coming to life again, which could impact a known major tsunami threat. Will it happen? Most likely. In our lifetimes? Who knows. But there has been a recent swarm of quakes beneath said volcano (50+ in 72 hours).

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/865079/La-Palma-volcano-eruption-mega-tsunami-warning-Spain-Europe-alert-Cumbre-Vieja-tenerife

If the mountain finishes the slide it started many years ago, the resulting tsunami would most likely end the entire U.S. east coast, much of Europe’s coast, much of Central and South America’s coasts, etc. Bye-bye D.C. and Wall Street! (Not exactly the way I’d prefer to see them disappear, but that’s another topic for another conspiratorial day. LOL!)

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes I have been reading about this for years, if it happens I only have 8 hours to travel west about 40 miles. It will be about 100 feet high.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Looks like I need to get some more popcorn.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Been doing a bit more researching on this volcano, under the assumption that the MSM (and especially some of the on line British “media” sites) just maybe, possibly, MIGHT be slightly exaggerating for the purposes of – gaining clicks, and thereby selling more advertising.

If I had to go with the article in the original post above vs. one posted by a PhD in geosciences with specialization in seismic issues, I suspect I’d probably go with the latter. If that’s your choice too, then read how the 600 meter (nearly 2000 feet) high tsunami that would supposedly hit Britain suddenly reduces to something in the neighborhood of 5-7 meters high – and that’s the worst case scenario. A somewhat slower descent of the broken mountain would only result in 25-40% of the predicted wave heights.

Darn those experts – they gotta go mess up all the juicy media stories. No fun! But at least Freedom won’t have to flee halfway across the State of Florida. Good news, Freedom – you’ll probably survive the Great Canary Island Disaster! But the ash cloud from Jellystone Park will probably get you when Miami freezes over. And who knows where the Chinese space station will impact – one of these unspecified days in the supposedly near future. Always something….

http://www.geo.arizona.edu/~andyf/LaPalma/doomsday.html

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

It should have slid a long time ago GS. We think its been waiting for us to book a trip there. Speaking of which the sun and skies in britain are pretty dark at the moment. Cold and dark from hurricane ophelia. The atmosphere is getting hazy. Fires and or saharan dust, i was watching a youtube video on the missisip river claiming its getting dry around the new madrid area. This may be a precursor to a large quake of 8+. A super quake ther would throw a lot of dust into the air. I was in florida when the oranges froze in the 80s. Jan 22, 1984. We snowbirded south to get out of the cold in ny. Even georgia felt cold. The law of averages is against us, scientifically. Something always happens somewhere.

By the way, sister in law in cali defriended by fire. As if there isnt enough turbulence in people’s lives, on the side quakes and brimstone.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well if it is cold weather that will come then I am ready. I live in a 1923 home with two fireplace. Not many homes in the Miami area with a home with a fireplace.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Freedom sounds like old tom edison inspired contruction.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes it is built to last. Also in the 1920’s they only built houses in no flood zones so it is the highest area in the city.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Talk of cats and no no flood tsunami zones freedom….

You may have a much larger problem. It being the recently revealed (as of today in fact). 2017 td6.
    I dont know what is true or not true about the story. Possibly really bad. High ground as in the min 1000 ft level may be in order. There could be other consequences as well. La Palma is a pimple in comparison.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Earth has been incredibly lucky as of late when it comes to avoiding asteroid impacts. TC6 is the 39th asteroid to pass by Earth within the Moon’s orbit in 2017 alone, and astronomers are spotting new space rocks at pretty regular intervals.

http://bgr.com/2017/10/19/asteroid-td6-nasa-space-flyby-distance/

And TD6 became #40 when it passed by on Thursday. Note that’s 40 space rocks BETWEEN us and the moon just this year. But the article goes on to say we needn’t worry:

At the present time, scientists have no reason to believe Earth’s luck will run out any time soon, and there’s no danger of large asteroid strikes in the foreseeable future.

Wonderful! Thank you. I feel comforted already. However, as they say in the late night TV infomercials, “But wait! There’s MORE!” It turns out they just discovered this newest one on 11 October – a mere 8 days prior to flyby. So that might suggest the terms “foreseeable future” and “any time soon” are taking on new meaning, just like our “luck” and “safety.” Alfred E. Neuman, where are you now that we need you? :-)

GS

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The recent equakes on la palme were described as a swarm. 352. To me that would seem like one continuous rumble.
    2017td6 appeared on my radar on thursday. I tried looking it up and found absolutely no info. The tip I got said it would impact on the 11 of november in the atlantic north of bermuda. But it passed by supposedly on the 19 oct. duh. Then a dozen articles appeared on google confirming its existence and sudden no threat status. It was like the bullet whizzed past before you hearing the shot. I’m still in a state of disbelief. Well maybe next time the aim will be better. It seems it may have been being tracked beforehand but the info was not distributed until after it had been leaked.
    At least with a volcano you know its coming. It only took a month before mt st. Helens erupted. The people around it were in denial. There were even forestry crews still working in the woods. And then the frog got boiled. Barely any time to get out.
    Mt sinabung continues to erupt and mt agung may go soon. Volcanoes in indonesia dont keep people in suspense. The ring of fire is getting more active.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Brulen, when I read your post, my first thought was, “What the %^&*! is he talking about?!?” But then I decided to do a search on your single line term, 2017 TD6, and disregarding the Land Rover returns (LOL!), the two best articles I found (but didn’t post here) were:

https://www.space.com/38502-bus-size-asteroid-2017-td6-earth-flyby.html

and

http://www.minorplanetcenter.net/mpec/K17/K17U33.html

The 2nd one lists all of the actual sightings (top list on that page), and you’ll note that the first person to actually say, “Lookee here!” was on 11 October. Apparently they’ve “found” it on some other earlier images, looking back, but it wasn’t noticed if I’m correctly understanding the bottom chart on that page (had to look up a new word – ephemeris – in order to figure this one out). Somehow they’ve been able to go backwards and plot it starting 17 September, but nobody actually noticed it at that time. The space.com article has a reasonably decent explanation about it.

Just for gee whiz purposes, I did a little more figuring that gets interestinger and interestinger. Despite the space.com article and the article I posted in the previous post, the “chances” of anything serious happening are not as rosy as they say. Earth’s width is around 8,000 miles. The moon’s orbit is around 480,000 miles. Therefore it would only take 60 earths side by side to fill up the space within the moon’s orbit around the earth. We’ve already had 40 of these “rocks” fired at us this year that have passed within the moon’s orbit without hitting the earth. If that’s representative of the number whizzing past every year, the position of the earth versus one of those little beauties would seem to coincide a lot more frequently than every 100,000 years or so!

Putting it another way, if 60 people were lined up shoulder-to-shoulder, it would fill a space roughly 100 feet wide. If Paddock had simply sprayed back and forth across a 100 foot plot of ground, and one person was left in that space to run back and forth across the distance trying to avoid getting hit, it wouldn’t be too long before that lone target would get hit. That’s about the same proportions as the space rocks whizzing past us inside the diameter of the moon’s orbit. I don’t think many people would want to challenge Paddock with those odds by running back and forth along the same 100 foot line at which he was randomly shooting, regardless of the prize if they won the contest. It would indeed seem to be just a matter of a rather uncomfortably short period of time before said projectile hits said target. But ♫ don’t worry, be happy! ♪ :-)

GS

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

GS my point was all those articles were not there until saturday morning. And the backdating began.
    Or maybe I should feel lucky to be alive with google in charge of the infomation bureau. True all the sources confirm the same thing, but is it actually real. Perhaps the russian asteroid was spotted earlier and they just forgot to tell them. Surprises are fun. So what i’me saying is 2017td6 was a lot of fun…. For a near miss. The second in a row. 2012tc4 was first at 27 thousand miles. I would not be surprised if there will be a third near miss in our immediate future. I won’t be consulting the oracle google again for asteroid info.

The International Asteroid Warning Network. Missed 2017td6 but tracked tc4 for weeks.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I don’t know whether to be concerned about the delay or not. I’ve OFTEN seen major news stories (or at least what WE might consider worthy of broadcast) not showing up for 24-48 hours. My wife from time to time will come in and say, “Honey, do you know what I just saw on the news?!?” And it will turn out to be something I saw on the ‘net 1-2 days earlier. So in this case, it has to get from some obscure scientific lab where they don’t get excited over some “little” space rock coming within 100,000 miles of earth, to eventually hitting some news wire, to eventually being deemed “worthy” of getting enough interest to warrant air time. Therefore, eight days from first sighting to actual passage doesn’t necessarily seem surprising to me. And most outlets didn’t even bother with it, apparently, because it posed no damage threat to the world – unlike whether General Kelly was mean to a commie congresswench who’s probably eying Pelosi’s divinely decreed return to the Speakership.

With that in mind, however, ponder this headline (link to the story is embedded in the headline):
    A Satellite Chunk Could Fall on Your Head at Any Moment. Get Used to It.

If we really are in danger, they aren’t going to tell us anyway. Heck, we just saw that in some of the hurricane planning – some officials chose NOT to recommend evacuation, figuring that the traffic jams would be more dangerous and entrapping of people than taking the chance of them sheltering in place. After all, if Jellystone is going to blow in a matter of days, or an asteroid is going to obliterate an entire continent, where do all those people go? I believe we won’t ever hear about a massive attack or natural event if there’s insufficient time to do anything about it anyway. So, as with the prior email, “♫ don’t worry, be happy! ♪ :-) ” Our “SMART” products already tell us that “Life is Good!” (volume up):

So let’s all just revert back to the 60s. Peace and love! LOL!

GS

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

According to the observation chart they lost continuity from the oct 11 to oct 16 when they found it again. Then they made a new prediction. Somewhere between earth and moon. Lets say 50/50. Good odds for vegas. Short odds.

A few years ago we visited meteor crater. Thats pretty impressive. Craters like that are scattered all over the NE. You just dont see them. Vegetation, weathering disguise them now. The world is a roadmap of destruction. The closest ive ever come to an event is a space rock hit a guys car here and was found in the trunk. A few miles away. Space junk isnt worth as much as a good piece of asteroid. The russian rock hunters have all the luck. Life is good for them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.