Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Time-lapse video shows powerful asteroids strike Earth with surprising frequency

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/04/23/time-lapse-video-shows-powerful-asteroids-strike-earth-with-surprising/?intcmp=obnetwork

Look at how many dozens of incoming asteroids have slammed into Earth, since 2000 and 2013.Click on the link below to watch the animation of Earth’s asteroid impacts.

http://www.space.com/25589-asteroid-impacts-on-earth-more-powerful-than-nuclear-bomb-video.html

Wow! look at how many.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I read an article about this last week. The scientist in charge of collecting the info say it is mere dumb luck that an asteroid has not hit a major population center.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I can’t believe it ether! It is going to happen. What helps is that the Earth has so much area of water, the sea is big and they almost always hit water.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Ah but Freedom, that’s a double edged sword if we were to be hit by something sizeable. How many people live alongside the coast? Yep, lots. Tsunamis are scary, especially since I’m literally just over a couple hundred feet away from the ocean.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Mr Red Freedom also lives near the beach

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes I know! It can hit right next to South Beach and a Tsunamis hit the Miami Heats!

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Lets just hope that for our sake a big one takes a dip in the west pacific instead haha

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

And that it doesn’t hit Jay, since we need him.

Speaking of asteroid impacts, what was the name of that novel in which the premise was an asteroid hitting off the coast of Florida I think. Anyone remember that one?

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Well, we do live on only one of many planets in a vast solar system that is ever-changing, no surprise here. So, I guess Freedom you haven’t read about the theory Planet X will be causing the next pole shift huh? :)

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

tweva, Yes I read a lot, so I know a little about Planet X. The Universe is something that I am always reading about.

Do you have any update link on Planet X?  Any large object that comes close to Earth can cause the poles to move. We know that there have been a pole shift before so it can happen. It all depends on how fast or slow the shift happens. If the pole shift happens fast I am not sure there would be any were safe on Earth. If it is a slower shift Florida would be under 400 feet of water. But if there is a Planet X we will see it and if I can see it I am gone!!! To the highest place I can find!
    <div id=”stcpDiv” style=”position: absolute; top: -1999px; left: -1988px;”>tweva</div>

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Good thread. There is so much things that we are not capable to understand out there, and that we are not have influence on.

Big events like this happened before, and can happen again, no matter that it sounds like SF.

And that it doesn’t hit Jay, since we need him.

:) I agree, we need him.

Speaking of asteroid impacts, what was the name of that novel in which the premise was an asteroid hitting off the coast of Florida I think. Anyone remember that one?

Not sure, but maybe Arthur C. Clarke wrote something like that.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.