Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

My boy wants to apprentice with the blacksmith down at the old fort, and I’m all for it. If he shows promise, I told him I would build him his own blacksmith shop, complete with a wee foundry.

That’s awesome Malgus! All the best for your son!

My preps are very much incomplete the moment. We are still setting things up after moving from Europe back to Asia about a year ago. The good news is that the homestead hassle with getting things done and properly set up so we can live there should be done in 2-3 weeks. After that we have about 6 – 9 months that we will dedicate to optimize everything, start growing our annuals and so on. Im really excited about this.

Wife also wants to get into canning and other things. We are planting a lot of herbs and she wants to make her own oils and soaps. So overall a collapse right now would be very bad timing for us, in a year our preparedness should be far and beyond compared to our pretty decent setup in Europe.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Dear Tweva – Nope, its a tunnel for veggies.We get frost in winter. Sometimes black frost. Been thinking about
    covering the plants right where they are growing now. See attached example. I would like to know that I can keep ‘food’ alive during very cold winters/ in very cold area’s of SA.
    Mmmm I would love to have a bunker under my house, but will safe that idea for a permanent house once I get out of the city.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Leopard – that’s a great idea – just don’t forget, even in cold weather you will need to do something to vent it and move air around because it will get very warm in there when the sun shines on it. I can sit in my small greenhouse in January when the sun is shining and it can be almost 110 F. The cold outside air meeting warm air on other side of plastic creates humidity/moisture build up inside and it will drip. Just in case you haven’t done this before. A small battery fan will help keep air moving around but vent needed somehow.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.