Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

And yet China retains “Most Favored Nation” status no matter how much the food they export is tainted.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Arsenic, excellent!
    My hair should get longer and shiny and my nails grow faster.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

On a similar note, I recently found that tilapia (all of if is farmed) are fed male hormone to change them all to males for faster market growth (females tend to start forming eggs at a smaller weight). Then they are processed with Carbon Monoxide (‘to retain color’)–read the label. Not eating tilapia any more…

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

If a process could be developed to convert municipal trash and/or sewage solids into an “edible” form that wouldn’t immediately kill its consumers (Soylent Brown?), companies would fight over the patent rights, ship the “raw material” offshore (to lower processing and packaging costs, then re-import and market it as an “eco-friendly” way to lower your grocery bill. Politicians would trample each other to make it both legal and non-disclosable, in exchange for “campaign funds.”

It pays to know your sources.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

All the more reason(s) to be as close to our own single-source provider as possible. I have a regrettably long way to go….

One thing’s for certain: I’ve learned to read labels FAR more closely. A trip down the frozen foods aisles yields such things as “wild caught Alaskan salmon.” Surely THAT must be good for you!? Ooops – that pesky labeling. It’s more often than not, a product of China (or at minimum, shipped there to be “processed and packaged” before coming to us). Or check the vast majority of garlic sold in the United States (product of China). Etc., etc., etc. While you’re at it, don’t forget to check out the background stories concerning shrimp from Thailand. And even U.S. catfish are almost all “farm raised” and fed things we likely don’t want to know about, as they attempt to swim in conditions not even remotely similar to their wild ancestors’ habitat.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.