Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is the problem we have that there are professors teaching our children these lies about our military. He need to be fired. University of Arizona instructor Musa al-Gharbi made the comment.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/04/arizona-professor-claims-us-military-as-bad-as-isis/

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I have a number of rude comments about this “professor”, but will keep them to myself.

Fired? Probably has tenure.
    Dumped in a ditch? Perhaps.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Time and time again we see these professors spout off their nonsense and be protected by tenure and free speech. Yet mention a Muslim atrocity and it is labeled “hate speech”. When you couple that with a generation of students who have not been taught critical thinking you have a recipe for disaster.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Roadracer agree 100% that there is a double standard. These professors are the teachers of our kids in the universities. This just gets me so bad.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Freedom of speech is a double edged sword. Cause you aint free unless you can speak freely.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

KOS, I agree but if you are a teacher then you should only be aloud to teach the truth to our children. I just do not see this as a free speech. If this professor was out of the university grounds that does have to do with free speech but this is a private property where you are an employee to teach the truth and not give your personal opinion.

Just my 2 cents!

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

*shrug* not a fan of the “system” of education from bottom to top anyway. I remember the flag burning controversy here a while back on the topic of freedom etc… and what people threatened to do to those teachers….

We could have world peace if people learned to mind their own fucking business and stop getting all stabby over words and events that do not physically hurt them at all…

anways, dangerously treading on that polotics topic, id better about face.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Freedom ,
    Teach the “truth ” about history ? when have we ever done that ? We act like the French just were on our side in the Revolution , and not much more ( When if not for their downplayed action , we would be flying the British flag to this day ) , then comes the subject of the Civil War , ” oh those ” evil ” Confederates ” ………everybody knows it about slavery , right ? , and Lincoln was pure as the driven snow , right ? WRONG !!!…………Then how about WW2 ? , the US kicked everybody ass, all by ourselves , while the British and Russians just cheered us on….Yeah right !!!….. I could go on , but you get the picture . Only those students interested enough in learning and digging deep for the truth in history will find it . The information is out there , its just not being generally taught . slanted history yes , but not “truth ” history .

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

This place called Canada just helped bomb Syria… Little people like me, just want to live in peace… I don’t want my tax dollars to go into bombing some other country into a pre-industrial state. I have no idea why this country called Canada, thinks it’s a good idea to bomb Syria.

Syria amount other countries in the middle east, was carved out of the Ottoman Empire during the Peace of Versailles by the League of Nations. Rearranging the whole eastern part of Europe and the middle east was a major task of the Peace of Versailles. New countries were drawn up by people that didn’t live in the countries. This so called peace, forced different groups of people together that did not shared a common history or culture. Many of these people hated each other for centuries.

Also, If I understand correctly, most of the middle east never went through the Enlightenment and the separation of the church and state. There are many militant groups in the middle east that want a Islamic state (caliphate state). So, there’s a lot that people are fighting about.

I would have to take weeks of research to understand the situation in Syria… and who the hell is ISIS? Even if I did, no one would listen to me. These are forces outside the individual’s control. You can be sure that as one of the little people, you are not being told the truth about the situation. Just know you are likely being fed a steady diet of propaganda…. which should always be consumed with a side dish of skepticism. :)

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Tolic; all history is slanted because is written by the victors. They, the victors, have a tendency to magnify their own accomplishments and to minimize the contributions by others as this makes them appear to be more than they actually are. I agree with c tat we are being spoon-fed massive doses of propaganda daily with little regard for the truth. Ron S

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Truth is propaganda.
    Facts and data are real.

Truth is nothing but opinion and interpretation.

At one point in time, the truth was the earth was flat and the sun circled it.
    Facts are the opposite and never changed.

One of my college professors put it best many years ago, “you want the truth, there’s a philosophy class down the hall. Here we’re dealing with facts and science”.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Truth is bellyfeel. Fact is blackwhite. Be a goodthink and avoid thoughtcrime. In the end, duckspeak for the Party in flavor. :)

Hey, have you heard Tom Woods on ISIS? Tom Woods makes me laugh:

http://tomwoods.com/blog/the-lunacy-of-obamas-campaign-against-isis/.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Here’s a Canadian, Stefan Molyneux on the history of ISIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3iqoYSVoFs.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Did you read Musa al-Gharbi’s rebuttal?
    “Many people were rightfully outraged by the caricature of my recent Truthout article, as presented first in The Washington Free Beacon, and then in Fox News. Both of these interpretations selected the most provocative lines from the column and presented them out of context, spliced with inaccurate summaries of my position—for instance, claiming that I view most US soldiers as “anti-Muslim rapists.” If I actually believed or argued what these pundits were claiming, people would have every right to be up-in-arms. But these allegations are utterly false. Please allow me to set the record straight by highlighting the inaccuracies of this coverage and clarifying what I actually argued in the column”.

He later states, the headline “UA Professor Claims US Troops Are a More Severe Threat Than ISIS” is an intentional misquote by cynical and sensationalistic “journalists” hoping to stir up outrage.”

See more here: http://www.truth-out.org/speakout/item/27252-an-open-letter-to-my-fellow-americans.

I hate war. Truth and the facts are the first casualties. Then hate takes the people into a murderous rage. :(

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I’m going to do some reasearch and post this as a ‘ Numbers dont Lie ” piece . It will be comparison between the US , China , and the Russian Federation . It will start with the inception of the Russian Federation ( around the 90’s ) to today . I will take the number of times each country used military force ( for ANY reason ) in another country , I will add up all the military bases each country has outside its own nation . …………………….then we will see who the REAL problem in the world is , it will be clear , because THE NUMBERS DONT LIE .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.