Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I have used this handy piece of gear for a few years now , its small and easy to cary , and will filter a good amount of water before it need cleaning or filters replacement , very handy , when some of the only water handy is a puddle .

Darin Prentice
    Darin Prentice
    Survivalist
    member4

i have a Pristine Pioneer Pro, one filter does 190 liters of water.
    with it i use two, two liter bottles fabricated with coffee filters tripled up. this cleans most of the crap out before it hits the filter. if further concirn is there i have clear glass bottles i fill with the filtered water and i place in the suns rays for a day or two and then boil for five minutes.

a two liter bottle with the bottom cut off, layered with rocks, gravel, moss, sand, gravel, moss, sand…
    {i usually boil my sand and rocks to avoid naturaly occuring cyanide from the gold claim} but this works well if you boil the water after filtering, and set in the sun. i side with caution where im at as theres mercury arsenic and cyanide in the ground so it pays to know your ground.

another source for me is a artesian spring, beutifull clear cold fresh water…some miles away by car but for a refill its great. a lot of people know about the spring so i dont think id go there if shtf.as would be a target for sure. i have so much water on my claims water is the least of my worry. not the case for many folks. i urge folks to think about microbes, germs, bacteria, ..in thinking that drinking creek water or lake water is okay, and probably it is but…maybe not. safety first always assume the water is contaminated. unless you know for sure. beaver feaver {not Beiber fever}, and cryptospiridiam can knock you down fast…if your the hunter gatherer then the group suffers too.
    most important individualy is not to take short cuts on the process, yes you may be thirsty but do the job correctly then drink. have you ever had bad diarhea {spelling} and vomiting at the same time, inability to hold stuff down, terrible sweats, migranes and body ache, for several days. dehydration sets in, setting you up for exhaustion, then failure and death.
    iv seen the most experianced guys eat the wrong berrys, or drink contaminated water, it happens to a lot of us.

Prepare, Preserve, Protect...

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.