Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

A student group at the University of Chicago has published a list of almost 50 demands, including the creation of six separate racially-themed academic departments and race-specific student housing.The coalition of student groups called “UChicago United” has urged the university to create a “Race and Ethnic Studies Department,” a “Black Studies Academic Department,” an “African Studies Department,” a “Caribbean Studies Department,” an “Asian American Studies Program,” in addition to a “Center for African and Caribbean Studies” and a “Latinx Affairs Office”.
    The group notes that these new departments would exist independently, but should receive funding from the university, according to a list of demands aquired by Campus Reform.
    The group also seeks to force the establishment of “university-funded and run cultural houses, specifically a Black House, a Latinx House, and an Asian House.”
    The group proposes changing the school’s core curriculum by making “Diversity and Inclusion” a graduation requirement that would be “primarily focused on any US-centric structural oppression, such as race, gender, and sexuality.”

OK, maybe I’m just not comprehending this, but they want to bring back Apartheid?

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

By George, I think you’ve got it!

“Brainwashing” as the term was used back in the ’50s-’60s, meant implanting hidden ideas that could later be used to control the subject in particular ways. Universities have developed techniques (beginning with the Public Fool System) that completely obliterate the ability to think clearly and consistently on anything, rendering the subjects immediately controllable for any purpose at all, including leaving them to their own complete lack of guiding principles, insuring chaos.

Cry, "Treason!"

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I have always thought that the races self segregate , as a matter of natural preference , generally speaking .

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Yet we all know they would scream bloody murder if anyone proposed anything remotely close to “whites only:” housing. MLK must be rolling over in his grave to see blacks demanding segregation. The saddest thing of all is that the university will likely give them what they want. Of course degrees in those programs will be more or less useless.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I forwarded this to a cowboy of my acquaintance. He made several references to Dr King including the rolling in the grave bit.

He was disgusted, appalled and made more than a few crude and rude references to his generation.

He’s 26 with a pretty 2yo daughter, a combat medic, 6th generation cowboy, and an occasional backwoods guide. And as one might not expect from someone his age, more than a little conservative.

Some of his comments were quite vicious actually. Were he in a liberal place, I’m afraid for the libtards, they wouldn’t know what hit them.

Oh yeah, he’s half black.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Thats the whole point in Conservative vs Leftist . I say leftist , because TRUE liberals are getting few and far between . True liberals dont label people that disagree with them , they actually love the US , and the bill of rights , they just dont agree with most societal rules , in other words , they are more philosophical than political . You can have an in depth conversation with a true liberal , Live and let live , they agree to disagree . All we have now are leftists , they are political , hateful , angry , with an ill agenda . Conservatives generally dont pay attention to race , all they see is ” are you an American ? ” , and do you assimilate and embrace your country , where you came from is irrelevant , as is what you look like . Its the leftists that are obsessed with race , and origin , thats what they see first , and deny that fact that they do . They are the ones that keep bringing it up , over and over again . As far as some people wishing to remain within the ” tribe ” . Nothing wrong with that either , its a personal choice , its not ” racist ” . You know , the leftist term being applied to anybody that does not follow the agenda . No different than religion , its a personal choice to prefer to be with another of the same faith . We dont have to agree with it , but it exists , and will always exist , its part of human society …………..anywhere in the world . I dont care what people choose to do , I respect their right to choose what they wish to do . Just treat each other with common courtesy . People are going to run their life the way they see fit anyway , so I dont worry about what they are doing , I worry about what I’m doing , and if it offends them , thats their problem , as I dont give a f%uck what they think . Conservatives tend to run their lives the way they see fit , Leftists are the ones that try to inflict their agenda and beliefs on others against their will ( sort of like US foreign policy )

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Tolik, I agree with you on the differentiation between liberals and leftists. Living where we do the majority are liberal. Most of them are not leftists. At the same time there are conservatives and there is the far right or religious right. Not sure which is the better label. The majority of conservatives are to the right of center but not so far as to be deemed far/religious right. Conservatives believe in individual freedoms, personal accountability, and small govt. Conservatives can agree to disagree with liberals. The far/religious right might say similar things but then they want to control how everybody lives their life. They claim quite the contrary but then pull out the bible to justify their intrusion into bedrooms and any other aspect of your life they don’t like. The Massachusetts Bay Colony was a de facto theocracy and it was a pretty harsh place to live. At present the far/religious right does not pose a threat to the rest of us because they do not control cities, schools, the major media, or govt bureaucracies in the manner that the leftists increasingly do. Both extremes are problematic in their own way but at present only the leftists pose a real threat.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I’ll just refer back to my comments from a separate thread that seem wholly applicable here as well:

http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/we-cant-coexist/#post-51908

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.