Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Deleted.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Not like a phone application that is designed to have you list all your resources and network to include names, addresses, etc. Considering the way apps are already gathering data without notifying the user and the way that data is sold, assuming that information like this isn’t valuable is naive. Many groups including the government would pay big money for stuff like this. On boards like SHTF school, my blog, etc, I assume I am being watched so I don’t give specifics about my network or SHTF plans. I also am more bushcrafter than much else. Keeping with this point of view when I approach discussions also helps (I would hope) insulate me from being thought of as a radical type. Giving away all my plans and resources to unknown entities just seems like a bad idea to me.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

It’s relatively easy to use encryption and the like to hide your identity online (as well as mobile devices, but that doesn’t include what YOU give out). Personally, I don’t really give a hoot about being on internet forums or what have you, because I don’t do/say anything illegal, or give out information that could get me or mine harmed or targeted.

However, no matter how well your internet or mobile security is, there’s someone out there who can crack into it. So if you don’t want something known, don’t put it into a computer/phone/tablet.

(Also, hey everyone! I missed y’all)

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Join Selco’s course and use Jay’s 10 part security course.
    Robin

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.