Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Deleted.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Sounds like a self registration system to me.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Deleted.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Have to agree with sledjockey

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Am I missing something? What do you mean by “self-registration system”?

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

C,
    Who has the data?

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

My thoughts: Avoid it like the black death. Setting up a system with your group or family makes sense. Want to open yourself and everything you say/do to an unknown? Too many folks out there that want to get over on John Public by gathering info and then stealing IDs.
    Robin

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Deleted.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

There is an anti tracking carrier developed just for this purpose , its called off pocket . It blocks ALL incoming and outgoing signals while in the carrier .

http://ahprojects.com/projects/off-pocket/

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

C, my main concern is putting any type of personal information on the Internet. In your group, neighbors and family heck yes but not to the open world. It is too easy for someone to set up a fake website/group.
    When you download the app there is no telling what else comes with the application. Most smart phones have the ability to send text to multiple folks at the same time. Set up a group “call-up” on your and your groups/families phones.
    Robin

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Deleted.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

c, You need to plan well. In a SHTF time you may use your cell to tell your group but your group and your self need to throw away the cell phones and go to where everyone needs to meetup. Never take your cell to the location where you will meetup in a SHTF time. It is that easy. Now the government doesn’t have location.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Thanks, everyone. Caution is the name of the game… During a SHFT event, I don’t think our everyday technology will be working very well anyway. :(

Old-school methods are likely the best.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I agree with c. Do not assume that modern tehcnology will be operational. It’s great if it is but best to have Plan B that sssumes it isn’t.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Sorry, but forgot to check updates innthis thread……

To answer the question about self registration: with as many government agencies that have ties to security programs/systems/services available to civilians this just looks like a way for people to register themselves as “prepper” or “constitutionalists” which are already considered potential domestic terrorists. I would not be surprised if this company was actually getting funds from the gov to distribute for data collection purposes. This is especially suspect since it wants you to list resources, locations and skills.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.