Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Aukxsona
    Aukxsona
    Survivalist
    member2

I’m not Christian, though I do understand the religion and was Christian at one time. However, my faith, my belief that doing as much as I can while I am here is what will be my legacy and mean something to me, is what gives me peace. I also believe I will be reincarnated, but I am unsure as to how great that is. Anyone else find that they feel better do to their non-Christian faith? Or perhaps you have no faith and wish you could feel the comfort of a faith?

When was the last time you went without electricity, running water, food, and had babies screaming for food...now you know why I prep. These are the things a mother's nightmares are made of.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Let me put it to you this way , IF your religion does not give you comfort in everyday life and especially in a crisis , and you dont turn to it when there is a severe challenge in your life , and is not a reassuring confidence that you will overcome ………….then your not in the right religion , its not a good fit for you . From my point of view , a person needs to believe in something , how they choose to explain what that higher power is , is something they need to find for themselves . My greatest problem with almost all religions is the fact that they dont answer enough of the most basic of questions satisfactorily . They seem to have a rathe narrow focus on just one aspect , it seems that they are focused on a ” Me Me Me Me Me ” ideal , and not a larger more complete picture . Crap , most of them cant answer the simple question a child would ask ” do animals have souls ? ” then the practitioner of the faith , has to dig deep to answer the question , because its not written anywhere in their book . Then has to pull an answer out of their a$$ using quasi philosophy in an attempt to answer the question . I dont understand how a person can be an atheist , even if you use strict logic , you are eventually forced to come to the conclusion that there IS something greater than yourself and what you see around you , and the fact that you dont know everything , especially if you are confronted with the fact that humans only use about 20% of their brain potential …………there are forces at work , you dont understand and never will , but they do indeed exist . So in answer to your question , you NEED a faith , you just have not found the right one yet , I would find one , however , its been my experience with those that feel a religion lacking , is more their fault than the fault of the religion ……..they simply have not taken the time , or made the effort to completely UNDERSTAND the faith . If your looking for a feeling or other physical conformation ……….your looking in the wrong direction to begin with .

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

I am not myself religious, but 95% of the people of this world are. As a rule I don’t discuss religion with other people because I would rather get a long with them right now, in this life, than fight over what happens afterwords.

If you ask me what happens when we die, I truly don’t know, I don’t even know why I have to sleep at night or have dreams, (or why everything else does for that matter). There is so much I do not know. Not knowing does not scare me, its what makes life interesting and worth living.

Knowing that my time is finite, that one day I will die, just makes today that much sweeter, my freedom that much more priceless. I do not allow my fear of death, to paralyze me, or hold me back.

When I die, I really only hope for one thing. To die well.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of RSSwizard
    RSSwizard
    Survivalist
    member3

I am an exceptionally advanced, and powerful spirit residing in a body. I existed before this life and I will continue to exist afterward. I have had over 1200 lifetimes and I have done things that our video games and movies talk about… for thousands of years at a time. I am a master of it, with a capital M.

Im very content with my outlook of death.

Just make it a quick one, because I dont want to be here much longer unless I can get to doing the same stuff ive always done in the past.

Profile photo of Aukxsona
    Aukxsona
    Survivalist
    member2

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>KOS wrote:</div>
    When I die, I really only hope for one thing. To die well.

That is my fondest wish as well. If I must die, let it be a good death, let me bring my enemies with me, and let my children live on long enough to not only see the end of that which caused my death, but to live.

When was the last time you went without electricity, running water, food, and had babies screaming for food...now you know why I prep. These are the things a mother's nightmares are made of.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

I came into this world kicking and screaming, covered in someone else’s blood… going out the same way has a certain merit.

I have had over 1200 lifetimes and I have done things that our video games and movies talk about… for thousands of years at a time. I am a master of it, with a capital M. – RSS

Uhh… okay? I think….

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.