Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Any others out there with prepping projects this weekend?

This afternoon my wife and I are canning bone broth from leftover elk and deer bones and canning pinto beans. Also making clam chowder from clams we harvested last summer. Freeze most of the clam chowder for a healthy and tasty choice on our lunch or dinner menu.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

No prepping activities for me. Of late I am treating myself the time to pursue a long term hobby that was set aside for years, in no small part due to the time given over to prepping/self sufficiency type activities. The hobby is genealogy. It may not make sense to others here but if you delve as deep and wide as I have you come to understand much about the world as it was, and as it may be once again.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

MtB,
    Who’s dna are you following? I imagine you have your own family charted out.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Does watching Walking Dead count as a prep? If so I think Michone was showing battle fatigue.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Got some sleep finally and watched the eldest daughter kick some tail in basketball.

The sleep counts.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

My prep has been planning a no till garden. All my physical energy has been going into my house project.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>MtB,<br>
    Who’s dna are you following? I imagine you have your own family charted out.

Mine, both maternal & paternal and my wife’s, both maternal & paternal. All 4 of these quadrants go back to the 1600’s in the US/Canada and so the material is deep and wide as I say. From time to time I’ve also done research for friends who had an interest and for a genealogical society organized around my family. At the moment I am just a bit burned out on prepping activities and this is a fun diversion. Next month I’ll start planning this year’s garden and get back into the swing of things.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well don’t dissapear !

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Brulen, sure Walking Dead counts. I need to catch up on this season.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

It was another day of shoveling out, 12 inches yesterday. I feel like I should be doing some prepping but I can’t think what. The snow is numbing my mind. I may go shoot some pool. Its a good substitute. Work on my aim. 8 ball in the corner pocket.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Talked to a friend that lived in the boonies of Alaska. He said when it really got snowing they would not even try to shovel. Heat some water on the log stove and go out the front door throwing water. Do this until you got to where you needed around the place. Big ice tunnels. Of course if needed, you could go out the upper windows to knock snow off the roofs or go hunting. Basically hermit time until things slowed down or thawed!
    Robin

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.